Go Back   SCMC Message Forum > SVT Platforms > '03-'04 Cobra Forum
User Name
Password

Register FAQ Members List SCMC Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2009, 03:15 AM   #1
JROC

Send a message via Yahoo to JROC
Anyone ever ported a Eaton themselves?

My TS fund pretty much went to the dumps a year + ago when I got put on 32's. I was planning on skilling the port, but decided to buy a used blower, TB, and plenum for cheap and do my own port. I'm nowhere near done, but here's some of the progress I've made so far.

Here's when I first got it.

Here's some pictures from this weekend.

As you can see I broke into the cavity that flows air to the IAC Valve on the TB. I'm going to fill the hole in with some aluminum sealant and sand it smooth. You'd have to see a untouch factory TB and a ported one side be side to really get an appretiation for how much metal is removed off of one.

Untouched.

Ruffed out.

Sanded.

Heres my Plenum after I finished.

Here's the outside with the cavities welded in but not ground smooth yet.

For referrence here are some pictures of a stock plenum. They are not mine and were taken from here.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...t-process.html

You fill in the colored area's so that you can get the useless restrictive divots out of the plenum.

Then you sand it smooth and paint it.

Here's the blower housing. I've actually done a good bit more porting and sanding since these pictures where taking.

I still haven't milled on the bottom of the blower yet. I'm saving the best for last.

here's a pulley puller I made, when i was given some time to do some government work at the job.

I'm also going the freshing it up by rebuilding the snout and adding some new rotor bearings.
http://www.darossi.com/catalog/produ...191ddd60d3bfc3

http://www.darossi.com/catalog/produ...46809bc3e82187

Born: 9/2/02
# 2512 of 8394

Mods:
Magnaflow Catback, MAC Prochamber, Steeda Tri-Ax, K&N FIPK, 2.93" upper pulley, MM FLSFC, MM K-Member Brace, MM Coilovers, ac427cobra's Complete IRS Bushings, Billetflow IRS Brace, 18x9 Front, 18x10.5 Rear AFS factory replicas, McLeod RST TD Clutch, Ram Billet Aluminum Flywheel, LFP DP H/E, ETC. :rockon:

JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:44 PM   #2
puzzle13
SCMC Member

Just be careful not to go too far! They said the biggest problems with the ports done was where too much material was taken out.
puzzle13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 12:59 AM   #3
JROC

Send a message via Yahoo to JROC
Quote:
Originally Posted by puzzle13
Just be careful not to go too far! They said the biggest problems with the ports done was where too much material was taken out.
Yeah you kind of have to make yourself stop. Looking at it you say, "I can take a little more here or there," but when is it enough and when are you going to break threw the housing? I'm going to mill on the bottom of the housing and rebuild it with new bearings and the call it done.

BTW I got my rebuild kit today. Its missing the shaft oil seal, but I have already talked to the guy about it.

Born: 9/2/02
# 2512 of 8394

Mods:
Magnaflow Catback, MAC Prochamber, Steeda Tri-Ax, K&N FIPK, 2.93" upper pulley, MM FLSFC, MM K-Member Brace, MM Coilovers, ac427cobra's Complete IRS Bushings, Billetflow IRS Brace, 18x9 Front, 18x10.5 Rear AFS factory replicas, McLeod RST TD Clutch, Ram Billet Aluminum Flywheel, LFP DP H/E, ETC. :rockon:

JROC is offline   Reply With Quote