Go Back   SCMC Message Forum > SVT Platforms > '03-'04 Cobra Forum
User Name
Password

Register FAQ Members List SCMC Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2009, 01:33 AM   #1
JROC

Send a message via Yahoo to JROC
Anyone use Autolite 103's

I'm thinking about switching to this plug. Its suppose to be the equivalent and a direct competitor to NGK TR6's, which don't impress me as far as there streetability is concerned. It seem like I have to change my TR6's far to often to keep my car running its best. I usually run a .032 gap.

I think alot of it has to do with the plug manufactor. NGK makes great plugs, but IMO Autolites are the best plugs for Fords, ACDELCO's are the best plugs for GM's, and Champion are the best plugs for Chrystlers as those companies are owned by those automakers.

I was having cylinders go out in a 97 F150 running Champion plugs and Autolites curred the problem, and the mechanic said you should run the plug who is owned be the automaker of your car for best results.

Born: 9/2/02
# 2512 of 8394

Mods:
Magnaflow Catback, MAC Prochamber, Steeda Tri-Ax, K&N FIPK, 2.93" upper pulley, MM FLSFC, MM K-Member Brace, MM Coilovers, ac427cobra's Complete IRS Bushings, Billetflow IRS Brace, 18x9 Front, 18x10.5 Rear AFS factory replicas, McLeod RST TD Clutch, Ram Billet Aluminum Flywheel, LFP DP H/E, ETC. :rockon:

JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 01:47 AM   #2
puzzle13
SCMC Member

I have been using NGK TR-6's ever since a set of high dollar plugs really messed things up. For the past 3 years, abusing the car on the track and some street, changing the plugs once a year at most if not only 2 times in 3 years, and no problems what so ever! I have always heard that Autolite plugs are cheap, but we all know about things that you hear! Hell, give them a try and see if they work well.
puzzle13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 05:10 PM   #3
wahg1

I have Autolite 103's in my car. This is what SGS Automotive, they drag race in the NMRA Renagade class, and have an excellant shop, put in my car when they tuned it on their dyno. It pulled 461 HP and 491 ftlb of torque at the rear wheels. All I have done is Magnaflow cat backs, a JLT CAI, 2.8 Pulley, tuned by these guys, The plugs gapped at .028. I have put about 2,000 miles on it. It runs like a champ. They suggested that I replace them 1 time a year. Hope this helps.
wahg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 11:41 PM   #4
JROC

Send a message via Yahoo to JROC
^ Hey man thanks for the reply!

It is helpful.

Born: 9/2/02
# 2512 of 8394

Mods:
Magnaflow Catback, MAC Prochamber, Steeda Tri-Ax, K&N FIPK, 2.93" upper pulley, MM FLSFC, MM K-Member Brace, MM Coilovers, ac427cobra's Complete IRS Bushings, Billetflow IRS Brace, 18x9 Front, 18x10.5 Rear AFS factory replicas, McLeod RST TD Clutch, Ram Billet Aluminum Flywheel, LFP DP H/E, ETC. :rockon:

JROC is offline   Reply With Quote