SCMC Message Forum  
Go Back   SCMC Message Forum > SVT Platforms > '03-'04 Cobra Forum
User Name
Password

Register FAQ Members List SCMC Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2009, 03:03 PM   #1
03BEAST

Oil Cooler Adapter Leaking.

Hello there. I've heard before, some people having issues w/ the Oil Sandwich adapter. Most of the people had oil leaks from a Pin hole. On my car that was a Coolant leak, and was very hard to find. Until one day I stay under the car for at least 10 minutes. Then,I saw a little bubble coming from there, There's a minor crack.
The Cooler is in a tight place, there's 3 bolts holding it.
One of them took a very long time to take out.

Here's what I'm thinking. Just to replace w/ a Air to Oil, Sandwich adapter. But there's the Coolant hose that I would have to Re-route, Back to the radiator or coolant reservoir.
What do you guys think of that?
Please I need to here some ideas from you guys, Any help is appreciated.

The Car is not a daily driver, and I will go for some "Road Racing" when it's ready .
03BEAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 06:19 PM   #2
puzzle13
SCMC Member

You can go the Evans Cooling or Kar Kraft route and remove the stock oil cooler all together, but then you need to relocate the oil filter to the drivers side front fender and install another separate oil cooler. Or you can just buy a used replacement for the stock one ... I just have to have mine for sale!! Yes, I moved mine for running at the track. A lot is involved and your cost for the added cooler & moving the oil filter is expensive. If you are not running much at the track or if your car is still close to stock the stock oil cooler setup will work fine.
puzzle13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 01:55 AM   #3
03BEAST

Thank you very much for the Info, Puzzle 13.
Yes, I'm not really sure if I go for the Original.
I'll contact you if I decide to buy a stock one.
Take Care.
Old 06-23-2009, 05:17 PM   #4
puzzle13
SCMC Member

I don't know of any air to oil coolers that will mount in the stock area. All are typical oil coolers. If you get rid of the stock cooler, you will need a plate to replace it ... Evan's plate is made to relocate the thermostat, Kar Krafts is made to use the stock thermostat setup. Both have ports to route the oil to a relocated filter and cooler. There is a kit to put the oil cooler in the drivers fender with a fan, but I don't know from where and how much. Relocated oil filter kits are readily available, but MM's won't work as it uses the stock cooler plate. Evans has this relocation kit or just the mount. Whichever route you choose ... have fun.
puzzle13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:19 AM   #5
03BEAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by puzzle13
I don't know of any air to oil coolers that will mount in the stock area. All are typical oil coolers. If you get rid of the stock cooler, you will need a plate to replace it ... Evan's plate is made to relocate the thermostat, Kar Krafts is made to use the stock thermostat setup. Both have ports to route the oil to a relocated filter and cooler. There is a kit to put the oil cooler in the drivers fender with a fan, but I don't know from where and how much. Relocated oil filter kits are readily available, but MM's won't work as it uses the stock cooler plate. Evans has this relocation kit or just the mount. Whichever route you choose ... have fun.
Thank you again for the info.