SCMC Message Forum  
Go Back   SCMC Message Forum > SVT Platforms > 96 - 01 SVT Cobra Forum
User Name
Password

Register FAQ Members List SCMC Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2011, 03:12 AM   #1
Spiney

Question 96 SVT Cobra how to aim the headlights?

We bought a 96 SVT Cobra back in August. From the 1st night we drove it the headlights seemed dim. So I usually drive with both the headlights and the Fog lights on. Upon looking at it, it appears the passenger side light is aimed up. I tend to light the signs over the highway more than the road. How easy is it to adjust them? Should I use a wall or the garage door as a guide. How should they be aimed?

BTW the headlight covers are crystal clear, so that is not an issue.

One other thing while on this subject. The lights have a bluish tint to them but even disregarding the aiming issue appear dim. A friend who works at an Auto Parts store suggested that the previous owner may have put in Hi output lights but not put in a module that I guess is a step up transformer or something like that. What should I look for?

Thanks in advance, Spiney-Dave

245 40ZR 17 Firehawk tires mounted on Ford Racing Cobra 17 X 9 chrome wheels, Super Chip, Flowmaster H pipe w/3 chambers and stainless steel tips, B&M short throw shifter, K&N air filter system, Optimal Red Top battery,Hawk performance brake pads. Have all original parts

Previous Stangs in order. 67 CP 6 Cyl 3 Spd, 68 Cp 6 Cyl Auto, 70 FB 302 4V Auto, 82 GT 5.0 HO T-Top 5spd TRX, 70 Mach-1 351-C 780 Holley, Hurst 4 spd Louvers, all purchased cheap except 82 GT purchased new. Very sorry I no longer own them especially the Mach-1.
Spiney is offline   Reply With Quote