SCMC Message Forum  
Go Back   SCMC Message Forum > General Forums > Kill Stories
User Name
Password

Register FAQ Members List SCMC Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-13-2002, 03:30 AM   #1
98Cobretti
Registered User
 
98Cobretti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
Posts: 80
Dead vette...

This is simply the best! I stop at a light next to a black 90 or so vette, nice looking and in great condition. It really shines, Has some aftermarket exhaust on it as well. Some guy in his forties with a beard and all. I take off slow thinking he won't go, but he floors it (automatic trans) and I shifted too slow so he jumped ahead of me. We pull up again at the next red light, and he has his window down. He says "You can't take me, what are you thinking, not unless you have some nitrous, I wasn't even on it all the way man." So I reply "What are you talking about, you weren't even pulling on me, I can take you." I couldn't believe he even said that to me! So when the light turned green I launched with a tad wheelspin getting ahead off him, and I heard his car winding out going through his slowshifting automatic, but he wasn't gaining on me, he was losing ground steadily. I powershifted into 3rd, and into fourth going about 120 before I let off, he was about 5-6 car lengths back at least, and I braked back down to 60 or so, and he came up slowly but passed me at around 65 with his window up, I think I hurt his chevy pride. I wanted to gloat so bad and tell him "You just got beat." I didn't get a chance, I drove up by him passing him and he still had his window up and didn't look at me, and then he stayed behind a couple of cars never getting around them to come up again, so I think he lost his nerve. I just don't think he knew maybe what a cobra is, maybe he just thought I was a plain ol mustang. I don't know... BUT DAMN THAT FELT SOOOOOO GOOD!!!! 1 Vette down....now I just need to get more power so I can take a C5 out...hehe The best part wasn't beating him, although that was good, it was the fact he said I couldn't beat him.....that was just icing on the cake. I love my car!
__________________
1998 Cobra Coupe #4877
SCMC #557
Bassani X-pipe w cats
Flowmaster 2 chambers
WMS Velocity Tube
Pro-m 87mm MAF
K&N
Bilstein Struts/shocks
Eibach Pro Springs
18x9" Cobra R ('95)'s
Nitto 555 265/35/18
Subframe Connectors
Lakewood Traction-Action LCA's
Steeda Tri-Ax
266 RWHP, 269 RWTQ

65 Mustang Coupe
302ci bored .030, trw forged pistons, comp cams 270h cam .501 lift .224 duration @.050, performer intake, holley 4bbl, re-worked heads, jacobs elec ignition, custom ram air setup, elec fan, hedman long tube headers, FMS 9mm plug wires, canton windage tray, 2.5" exhaust, 2 chamber flowmasters, 9" rear w 3.25 gears, FMS aluminum driveshaft, 4 wheel disc brakes, 17x8 TTII wheels, 4pt roll bar, simpson belts, auto c-4 trans, b&m quicksilver shifter, kyb shocks, 620lb springs, relocated control arms w negative wedge kit, 4 1/2 leaf rear springs, rear seat delete, subframe connectors, manual brakes/steering/no AC, shelby quicksteering kit, shelby gt350 R front valance, piaa lights, autometer guages, tcp pedals(still in progress)
225 RWHP , 260 RWTQ

My Website http://members.cox.net/hk_sniper
98Cobretti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 09:16 AM   #2
cobrabitn
Dr Jekyll on the street, Mr Hyde on the track
 
cobrabitn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Rock Hill SC
Posts: 14,612
Send a message via AIM to cobrabitn
Talking

He he he he....... You should have just given him a friendly wave and said "see ya". ........lol. Great Job! I just love it when people don't know what these cars are. They get so fooled! Of course my 99, you hear it before you see it. Ha ha!
__________________
Cobrabitn



2016 Ruby Red Metallic with Caribou accent F-350 Crew Cab

Stump Puller! 6.7 Diesel Automatic with Chrome Package, Off Road Package, 3.55 Locking axles, and Ultimate Lariat Interior Trim Package!

2013 Race Red Boss 302 Coupe - track car!

No mods yet!

2009 Vista Blue Shelby GT 500 Coupe - Garage Queen

Tinted Windows
JLT True Cold Air Kit
Pro-Dyno Tune
526 rwhp - 511 rwtq


1994 Rio Red Indy Pace Car #22 "Runabout"

Snake in the grill
MGW shift knob
1996 SVT Cobra Wheels


1969 New Lime Mustang Mach 1 Sportsroof - Second owner - bone stock with shaker.

One SVT Cobra, one Shelby GT500, one 69 mach 1, and a Boss 302 is better than nothing!

Custom Data Plates for your Mustang or Ford!

Buy "Cool Merchandise" at Data Plates Plus
www.dataplatesplus.com

See my MSR Video here!
cobrabitn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2002, 09:29 PM   #3
Snake
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: where the fishes deposit their money...................riverbank, CA
Posts: 154
why some people mistake cobras for a regular mustang with a body kit?

now thats a great example a kill story, great job!!!!!!!
__________________
the world is filled with stupid people, try not to be one of them.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2002, 10:23 PM   #4
Mr. Ed
Registered User
 
Mr. Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Sorrentinoville, S.C.
Posts: 220
Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Ed Send a message via AIM to Mr. Ed Send a message via Yahoo to Mr. Ed
Thumbs up Dead Vette

Excellent kill! Exactly, the same kind of surprises Wilbur lays on the "wise-acres". I can feel the intense satisfaction you describe. Good work!
__________________
"Mr. Ed" Burwell - ~Living the Dream~
"Wilbur": "Somewhat Modified" Waaay Too Modified for Our Local Ford Dealer! Oh Well!

~For Novelty Use Only~
~SCT Pro-Dyno Tuned~313 rwhp & 318 Torque

"Growing Older is Mandatory....
Growing Up is Optional"

Encourage Your Friends & Neighbors to Buy Fuel Efficient Vehicles So There'll Be More Fuel for Our Passion!
Mr. Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2002, 03:14 PM   #5
rcurtis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Columbus, Ga
Posts: 4
NICE......REALLY NICE
__________________
01 True Blue Convertible
rcurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2002, 09:20 PM   #6
98Cobretti
Registered User
 
98Cobretti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
Posts: 80
There is no better feeling than putting Chevy's top sports car in its place.
__________________
1998 Cobra Coupe #4877
SCMC #557
Bassani X-pipe w cats
Flowmaster 2 chambers
WMS Velocity Tube
Pro-m 87mm MAF
K&N
Bilstein Struts/shocks
Eibach Pro Springs
18x9" Cobra R ('95)'s
Nitto 555 265/35/18
Subframe Connectors
Lakewood Traction-Action LCA's
Steeda Tri-Ax
266 RWHP, 269 RWTQ

65 Mustang Coupe
302ci bored .030, trw forged pistons, comp cams 270h cam .501 lift .224 duration @.050, performer intake, holley 4bbl, re-worked heads, jacobs elec ignition, custom ram air setup, elec fan, hedman long tube headers, FMS 9mm plug wires, canton windage tray, 2.5" exhaust, 2 chamber flowmasters, 9" rear w 3.25 gears, FMS aluminum driveshaft, 4 wheel disc brakes, 17x8 TTII wheels, 4pt roll bar, simpson belts, auto c-4 trans, b&m quicksilver shifter, kyb shocks, 620lb springs, relocated control arms w negative wedge kit, 4 1/2 leaf rear springs, rear seat delete, subframe connectors, manual brakes/steering/no AC, shelby quicksteering kit, shelby gt350 R front valance, piaa lights, autometer guages, tcp pedals(still in progress)
225 RWHP , 260 RWTQ

My Website http://members.cox.net/hk_sniper
98Cobretti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2002, 02:21 AM   #7
Snake98
Registered User
 
Snake98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: CA
Posts: 54
Send a message via AIM to Snake98
Congratulations....MR. MODERATOR! J/K

Watch out, because you might look over someday, and i'll be lined up next to you. -Rob
__________________
SCMC Member #00588
98 Cobra Coupe (black)#1040/5147
FMS 4.10's w/Speed Cal
FMS Aluminum Driveshaft
FMS 11" HD Clutch
FMS 9mm Wires
Pro-M 87mm MAF
WMS Upper/Lower Velocity Tubes
JBA Headers (ceramic shorties)
Bassani X-pipe w/ f@#$ cats
K&N Filter
Steeda Tri-Ax
Flowmaster 2 Chambers
Saleen/Racecraft Springs
Tokico Shocks/Struts
Steeda Subframe Connectors
Brembo Rotors 13" w/EBC pads
Snake98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2002, 02:41 AM   #8
98Cobretti
Registered User
 
98Cobretti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
Posts: 80
Yeah I know you are better at launching than me, I've only been driving stick for 7 months now Rob, you've been driving stick for what... 10 years? Give me some time...who knows, maybe youll pull up next to me some day and hear a whine coming from under my hood and I just "forgot" to tell you about the latest upgrade...hehe
__________________
1998 Cobra Coupe #4877
SCMC #557
Bassani X-pipe w cats
Flowmaster 2 chambers
WMS Velocity Tube
Pro-m 87mm MAF
K&N
Bilstein Struts/shocks
Eibach Pro Springs
18x9" Cobra R ('95)'s
Nitto 555 265/35/18
Subframe Connectors
Lakewood Traction-Action LCA's
Steeda Tri-Ax
266 RWHP, 269 RWTQ

65 Mustang Coupe
302ci bored .030, trw forged pistons, comp cams 270h cam .501 lift .224 duration @.050, performer intake, holley 4bbl, re-worked heads, jacobs elec ignition, custom ram air setup, elec fan, hedman long tube headers, FMS 9mm plug wires, canton windage tray, 2.5" exhaust, 2 chamber flowmasters, 9" rear w 3.25 gears, FMS aluminum driveshaft, 4 wheel disc brakes, 17x8 TTII wheels, 4pt roll bar, simpson belts, auto c-4 trans, b&m quicksilver shifter, kyb shocks, 620lb springs, relocated control arms w negative wedge kit, 4 1/2 leaf rear springs, rear seat delete, subframe connectors, manual brakes/steering/no AC, shelby quicksteering kit, shelby gt350 R front valance, piaa lights, autometer guages, tcp pedals(still in progress)
225 RWHP , 260 RWTQ

My Website http://members.cox.net/hk_sniper
98Cobretti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2002, 02:49 AM   #9
Snake98
Registered User
 
Snake98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: CA
Posts: 54
Send a message via AIM to Snake98
hahahahaha....that would be funny! You better put some meats under that thing if you plan on adding that whistling sound. -Rob
__________________
SCMC Member #00588
98 Cobra Coupe (black)#1040/5147
FMS 4.10's w/Speed Cal
FMS Aluminum Driveshaft
FMS 11" HD Clutch
FMS 9mm Wires
Pro-M 87mm MAF
WMS Upper/Lower Velocity Tubes
JBA Headers (ceramic shorties)
Bassani X-pipe w/ f@#$ cats
K&N Filter
Steeda Tri-Ax
Flowmaster 2 Chambers
Saleen/Racecraft Springs
Tokico Shocks/Struts
Steeda Subframe Connectors
Brembo Rotors 13" w/EBC pads
Snake98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2002, 11:04 AM   #10
winddy1
Registered User
 
winddy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 4,793
Send a message via AIM to winddy1
Re: Dead vette...

Quote:
Originally posted by 98Cobretti
This is simply the best! I stop at a light next to a black 90 or so vette, nice looking and in great condition. It really shines, Has some aftermarket exhaust on it as well. Some guy in his forties with a beard and all. I take off slow thinking he won't go, but he floors it (automatic trans) and I shifted too slow so he jumped ahead of me. We pull up again at the next red light, and he has his window down. He says "You can't take me, what are you thinking, not unless you have some nitrous, I wasn't even on it all the way man." So I reply "What are you talking about, you weren't even pulling on me, I can take you." I couldn't believe he even said that to me! So when the light turned green I launched with a tad wheelspin getting ahead off him, and I heard his car winding out going through his slowshifting automatic, but he wasn't gaining on me, he was losing ground steadily. I powershifted into 3rd, and into fourth going about 120 before I let off, he was about 5-6 car lengths back at least, and I braked back down to 60 or so, and he came up slowly but passed me at around 65 with his window up, I think I hurt his chevy pride. I wanted to gloat so bad and tell him "You just got beat." I didn't get a chance, I drove up by him passing him and he still had his window up and didn't look at me, and then he stayed behind a couple of cars never getting around them to come up again, so I think he lost his nerve. I just don't think he knew maybe what a cobra is, maybe he just thought I was a plain ol mustang. I don't know... BUT DAMN THAT FELT SOOOOOO GOOD!!!! 1 Vette down....now I just need to get more power so I can take a C5 out...hehe The best part wasn't beating him, although that was good, it was the fact he said I couldn't beat him.....that was just icing on the cake. I love my car!
---------------------------------

excellant job - we're proud of you !!

On Sunday - our son Tom was driving our '99 Cobra in a 35 mph zone... I was behind them in our '98.

A vette (brand new)
pulled in front of me and immediately got on Tom's tail (he was going about 38 ...)

The road had a double yellow line -
however, the jerk in the Vette kept trying to pass Tom,, zig zagging back and forth...

The road came to a hill - double yellow line - who knows what's coming up ..

and you know what?



the jerk in the vette passed him ... right there !!


sheesh, where are the cops when you need them?

That made Tom nervous (he's 16) ....

but we reminded him that that guy wasn't worth it .... he'll get his someday !!
winddy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2002, 07:16 PM   #11
98Cobretti
Registered User
 
98Cobretti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
Posts: 80
Yes, its best to be safe, I only get in races usually on long stretches of road that have few or no sidestreets preferably at night time, on my way home from work there are a couple. I dont fool around with hills or blind turns or traffic filled streets, youll just end up getting hurt or hurting someone else (worse). Don't get me wrong, I love to race but I try to be as safe as I can about it.
__________________
1998 Cobra Coupe #4877
SCMC #557
Bassani X-pipe w cats
Flowmaster 2 chambers
WMS Velocity Tube
Pro-m 87mm MAF
K&N
Bilstein Struts/shocks
Eibach Pro Springs
18x9" Cobra R ('95)'s
Nitto 555 265/35/18
Subframe Connectors
Lakewood Traction-Action LCA's
Steeda Tri-Ax
266 RWHP, 269 RWTQ

65 Mustang Coupe
302ci bored .030, trw forged pistons, comp cams 270h cam .501 lift .224 duration @.050, performer intake, holley 4bbl, re-worked heads, jacobs elec ignition, custom ram air setup, elec fan, hedman long tube headers, FMS 9mm plug wires, canton windage tray, 2.5" exhaust, 2 chamber flowmasters, 9" rear w 3.25 gears, FMS aluminum driveshaft, 4 wheel disc brakes, 17x8 TTII wheels, 4pt roll bar, simpson belts, auto c-4 trans, b&m quicksilver shifter, kyb shocks, 620lb springs, relocated control arms w negative wedge kit, 4 1/2 leaf rear springs, rear seat delete, subframe connectors, manual brakes/steering/no AC, shelby quicksteering kit, shelby gt350 R front valance, piaa lights, autometer guages, tcp pedals(still in progress)
225 RWHP , 260 RWTQ

My Website http://members.cox.net/hk_sniper
98Cobretti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 09:09 AM   #12
winddy1
Registered User
 
winddy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 4,793
Send a message via AIM to winddy1
Quote:
Originally posted by 98Cobretti
Yes, its best to be safe, I only get in races usually on long stretches of road that have few or no sidestreets preferably at night time, on my way home from work there are a couple. I dont fool around with hills or blind turns or traffic filled streets, youll just end up getting hurt or hurting someone else (worse). Don't get me wrong, I love to race but I try to be as safe as I can about it.

-----------------


same here ....

usually, Tim and I like to find a lonely stretch where there isn't anybody else around .... then we "race" each other ...

very carefully remembering to "shut it down" if any form of "movement" from any direction is sensed.


This one time, I was with Tom in the '99 (Tom was driving)
and Tim was in the '98 next to us on the right. Stopped at a light. I was talking to Tim and didn't realize that on the other side of us a newer Trans Am pulled up.

Just before the light changed I sensed the motor reving up ... I looked at Tom and saw the RPM's at about 1600 .... then
I saw the
TRANS AM !!!!

on the other side of him .......

You know what I said ??

Don't you dare !!!!!!!!!


The light changed, Tom took off slowly and the Trans Am was gone.

I reminded him that he doesn't want to loose his driving priviledges, but I also reminded him that the Trans Am would've totally humiliated him !!

And, that it isn't worth it!! Next thing we know, we see a cop !!

Were not sure, but we think he may have been after that Trans Am !!



winddy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 09:13 AM   #13
winddy1
Registered User
 
winddy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 4,793
Send a message via AIM to winddy1
Quote:
Originally posted by Snake98
hahahahaha....that would be funny! You better put some meats under that thing if you plan on adding that whistling sound. -Rob
----------------------



thats for sure !!


winddy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 09:24 PM   #14
Snake
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: where the fishes deposit their money...................riverbank, CA
Posts: 154
i driven alot lof corvettes because i work at a chevrolet dealership (a ford guy working a chevy dealership, go fig). they got power, but one thing i didn't like, just the build of the car. i mean when you put the car in any gear, the whole car shakes and also for 6 speed cars, when i put in neutral and let the clutch out, it sounds like its grinding. for a civilized sports car, its not that civilized. (did i spell civilized right?)
__________________
the world is filled with stupid people, try not to be one of them.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 09:35 PM   #15
winddy1
Registered User
 
winddy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 4,793
Send a message via AIM to winddy1
Quote:
Originally posted by Snake
i driven alot lof corvettes because i work at a chevrolet dealership (a ford guy working a chevy dealership, go fig). they got power, but one thing i didn't like, just the build of the car. i mean when you put the car in any gear, the whole car shakes and also for 6 speed cars, when i put in neutral and let the clutch out, it sounds like its grinding. for a civilized sports car, its not that civilized. (did i spell civilized right?)
--------------------

I agree !!

you know what else?

You can't really "customize" them -

like you can with a Cobra / Mustang .....

you can make it look "your own"....

while a vette, well,

sorry, but I feel they all look the same .....

Nice car -

but there's nothing like the sound and the look of a Mustang Cobra !!

winddy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2017 SCMC, Inc