SCMC Message Forum  
Go Back   SCMC Message Forum > SVT Platforms > 93 - 95 SVT Cobra Forum
User Name
Password

Register FAQ Members List SCMC Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2012, 01:06 AM   #1
jeffcobra
SCMC Member

Had the 95 at Summit Point, I think I need gears!

Hi Everyone,

I had my 95 Cobra at Summit Point this weekend. I just did a Hyperdrive to see how the car felt on the track. Its completely stock except I did put Hawk pads on and changed the brake fluid to Wilwood 600 degree stuff. The brakes were awesome and I'm very happy with them. The tires are all season Hancooks, they were crying a lot so I'm going to replace those before VIR. The other issue was that I could drive the hole track in 3rd and maybe touch 4th in the straight if I didn't have to wait for a point by. 3rd worked well for the slower parts. I was carrying plenty of speed but the car wouldn't pull very well. I think I need some gears so I will actually have to shift and get the thing to pull out of the corners. My instructor was telling me more power coming out of turn one and two. I had to tell him it was on the floor. He said, "Oh, your doing great then" I then told him I only have 240 hp. So before VIR I think I'm going to install some 3.73 gears and do some bolt on's for a little more power. I'm also thinking springs and shocks. Does anyone have any thoughts on gear choice or other mods before VIR?

Thanks
jeffcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:31 PM   #2
nckissfan
Everyone hates a winner!

Send a message via Yahoo to nckissfan
Tony would be the best for this advice, since he tracked his 94 Cobra for so long. He will chime in soon.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:07 PM   #3
cobrabitn
Dr Jekyll on the street, Mr Hyde on the track

Send a message via AIM to cobrabitn
373s are fine, that's what I had but I was always told to swap the tranny gear when you get a chance to .80 to 1 in 5th gear. I never had the chance because I blew the engine but it was on my bucket list. You're not going to get much more than 300 rwhp with slight mods and different heads. That's a respectable number but you may find yourself like me, always in the back of the pack somewhere. Your car is great for a starter so just enjoy it and when you get some seat time (most important) then you'll be ready to move up!!

2016 Ruby Red Metallic with Caribou accent F-350 Crew Cab

Stump Puller! 6.7 Diesel Automatic with Chrome Package, Off Road Package, 3.55 Locking axles, and Ultimate Lariat Interior Trim Package!

2017 Shelby GT350 Coupe - track car!

Mods:

JLT True Cold Air oil catch can

2009 Vista Blue Shelby GT 500 Coupe - Garage Queen

Tinted Windows
JLT True Cold Air Kit
Pro-Dyno Tune
526 rwhp - 511 rwtq

1994 Rio Red Indy Pace Car #22 "Runabout"

Snake in the grill
MGW shift knob
1996 SVT Cobra Wheels

1969 New Lime Mustang Mach 1 Sportsroof - Second owner - bone stock with shaker.

One SVT Cobra, one Shelby GT500, one 69 mach 1, and a Shelby GT350 is better than nothing!

Custom Data Plates for your Mustang or Ford!

Buy "Cool Merchandise" at Data Plates Plus
www.dataplatesplus.com

See my MSR Video here!
cobrabitn is offline   Reply With Quote