Go Back   SCMC Message Forum > General Forums > For Sale/ Wanted
User Name
Password

Register FAQ Members List SCMC Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2012, 02:31 AM   #1
puzzle13
SCMC Member

03 Cobra Convertible Road Race

For sale is 03 Cobra Convertible with 22k actual miles on all stock parts except engine. Car has been stripped for road racing with race built n/a engine. Engine has one cylinder with no compression so it will need new pistons & rings. Car runs, but cannot be tracked until repaired. Heads are c&c machined, ported, and polished which was over $1500 for this to be done. A dry sump is used for oil and tank is in the back seat area. The suspension is MM K-member, MM Control Arms, Delrin bushings front & rear. MM advanced steering kit, Castor Camber plates, MM strut tower brace, MM sub frame connectors, MM Coil Overs with stiffest springs. Differential has Fore cover with cooler. Currently has 3.55's but also have 4.10's and 3.73's. Body includes G-Stream wing, Tiger Racing front fenders, Tiger racing hood w/vents cut, Tiger Racing front splitter. Tow hooks front & rear. Cup car radiator w/oil cooler. Brakes are Stop Tech w/extra hats & rotors & extra race pads. Removable steering wheel, Full Cage w/nascar bars on both sides, Kirkey drivers seat. Also include are 2 sets of Enkei 17 X 10 rims with BFG tires. Comes with SCT tuner. Car weighs 3400Lbs without driver and can be corner balance & height adjusted to your choice.

Extremely good HPDE car with minimal work on the engine. Would like to sell whole, but may part out the car. Also have some of original parts (window glass & some original supercharger parts).

$10,000 obo.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0386.jpg (194.0 KB, 196 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_7770.jpg (192.6 KB, 161 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0384.jpg (197.0 KB, 145 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0383.jpg (195.9 KB, 143 views)
Old 05-14-2012, 05:00 PM   #2
03-246
Super Moderator

Sorry to see you selling your track car. What's next?
2013 Boss 302S, School Bus Yellow, #43/50
03-246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:11 PM   #3
puzzle13
SCMC Member

Depends on whether or not it sells?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03-246 View Post
Sorry to see you selling your track car. What's next?
Old 05-15-2012, 04:03 PM   #4
03-246
Super Moderator

hopefully staying with the Mustang platform. what happended to the motor?
2013 Boss 302S, School Bus Yellow, #43/50
03-246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:29 PM   #5
puzzle13
SCMC Member

Well, we pulled the motor and one piston is fried due to bad injector. I am still thinking of selling the car and right now it is a roller without engine. I will sell as is for $5000.00, with new engine for $11000.00, or with new stroker motor for $13,500.00. This will include extra wheels, extra brakes, extra rotors, etc. If anyone is interested in a very good HPDE car that can run sub 2:15 laps on full course at VIR then let me know. May also part out the car.
Old 07-27-2012, 08:30 PM   #6
Mac99Snake
SCMC Member

Just lost my 99 this week, am in the market for a roller chassis. Do you think its returnable on-road use?
Mac99Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 08:16 AM   #7
puzzle13
SCMC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac99Snake View Post
Just lost my 99 this week, am in the market for a roller chassis. Do you think its returnable on-road use?

I am sure that it is with a good deal of work, mostly grinding out roll cage and replacing interior. I left all wiring and safety equipment, it would just be a lot of work. I have someone locally actually interested in buying the body and swapping parts from another car he has.
Old 07-28-2012, 08:55 AM   #8
Mac99Snake
SCMC Member

I am very interested, but I have to wait until I get through this insurance maze. Probably within this next week. What other original parts did you keep? Please let me know if you decide to sell her locally. Oh, do you have any other pictures?

Thanks
Old 07-29-2012, 01:33 PM   #9
puzzle13
SCMC Member

The car if very straight, never been wrecked, existing sheet metal (back end, back sides, and doors are very straight. You will have to let me know where you are located, and what you might want, and also what pictures you want. The other guy only wants body, no suspension, no engine, no drivetrain as he is going to swap parts from his donor car. Let me know what you have in mind. She was Miss December in the 2010 SVT Calendar!
Attached Images

Old 07-29-2012, 02:06 PM   #10
Mac99Snake
SCMC Member

I am in Pensacola, FL. I have access to a trailer and can travel. Since my car was wrecked, I am looking for an entire body and chassis, to include suspension. I was just looking for some clearer pictures of the interior and the engine bay. Underneath would be cool too. Do you still have the interior? Thanks
Mac
Old 07-29-2012, 07:46 PM   #11
puzzle13
SCMC Member

Quote:
I am in Pensacola, FL. I have access to a trailer and can travel. Since my car was wrecked, I am looking for an entire body and chassis, to include suspension. I was just looking for some clearer pictures of the interior and the engine bay. Underneath would be cool too. Do you still have the interior? Thanks
Mac
At this time there is nothing in the interior except 2 racing seat. I have a little bit of the interior. All windows & hardware, door sills, inner rear panels, carpet (has x's cut for roll bar behind seats), heater box, air bags & sensor, console, windshield trim, most a/c parts, most of center dash, all trunk panels, visors, stock seat belts. No seats, dash has notches on side for roll cage, inside of doors have been cut away for Nascar Bars, etc. Engine wise ... you would probably need an engine, my block, heads, and intake would work, but you would have to put smog stuff back on. You would need a radiator as mine only really cools when you are going fast. Tranny, brakes, suspension, irs, driveshaft ... all great shape, but maybe a bit stiff for the street. You could use the fenders, bumpers, & splitter, but you would need a trunk lid, spoiler, and hood as mine is a lift off. This would definitely be a project! Finding a complete street version would definitely be easier. I can get you more pictures in a week or so, just very busy this week and will have time next Sunday.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:58 PM   #12
Mac99Snake
SCMC Member

Got the buyout today. I am still very interested in your car. Can you send some interior and engine bay pictures? Specifically the inside doors. I bought my 99 back from the insurance company and have alot of the same parts. My email is : mac_flyer9@hotmail.com

Thanks

Carey
Old 08-10-2012, 11:01 PM   #13
puzzle13
SCMC Member

The car is supposedly sold complete, but no money has exchanged hands so nothing is final. I will try to get some pictures for you so you can see, but who knows.

Quote:
Got the buyout today. I am still very interested in your car. Can you send some interior and engine bay pictures? Specifically the inside doors. I bought my 99 back from the insurance company and have alot of the same parts. My email is : mac_flyer9@hotmail.com

Thanks

Carey
Old 08-11-2012, 02:42 PM   #14
Mac99Snake
SCMC Member

Congrats on the sale. If things change, please let me know.

Mac
Old 08-12-2012, 07:50 AM   #15
puzzle13
SCMC Member

I am still going to get your pictures as no money has changed hands and what originally was a 100% deal is not just that. I will try and send the pics today.

Quote:
Congrats on the sale. If things change, please let me know.

Mac