Go Back   SCMC Message Forum > SVT Platforms > 93 - 95 SVT Cobra Forum
User Name
Password

Register FAQ Members List SCMC Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2003, 03:36 PM   #1
Aaron94

Send a message via AIM to Aaron94 Send a message via Yahoo to Aaron94
Smog Pump

Ok, the smog pump on my 94 is starting to make funny noises. But i am really not too fond of the thing anyhow.... so can i just junk it??? are there a lot of electronics involved with this thing? Has anyone removed theirs? Im really not worried about smog laws or anything because i wont pass with my cam and O/R h-pipe. Any ideas on this?

1994 Rio Red Coupe #3564

304 ci, GT40X Aluminum Heads, Extrude Honed and Polished intake, Motorsport F303 cam, vortech fuel rails, 77 mm Pro-M mass air, 70mm BBK T-Body, Smog pump deletion, MSD and Perfomance distributors ignition components, Tremec 3550, Steeda Tri-axe, King Cobra/Centerforce clutch, Custom 3" Alum Driveshaft, 3.55 Gears, Griggs rear suspension w/torque arm & pan hard bar, Koni Red Shocks/Struts
Aaron94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 12:16 AM   #2
Black Snake

It is extremely easy to eliminate the smog pump. I ditched the pump and the lines from the heads to the cats (well where my cats would be if I had those). I did have to run a smog pump eliminator kit with my blower set-up to get the correct belt routing.

The bigger issue will be how will you pass emissions and inspection testing without the pump.
93 Cobra: Vortech S-Trim, ARF 165ís, TFS Stage I cam, 42# injectors, Kirban AFPR, Pro-M 80, AFM Power Pipe, MSD 6BTM, MSD Blaster Coil, fuel pressure and boost gauges, 255 Walbro in-tank pump, T-Rex, 130 amp 3G alt, Fluidyne radiator, Mark VIII fan, 1 5/8" JBA unequal length shorties, Bassani off-road X-pipe and cat-back, Maximum Motorsports Caster Camber Plates, D&D tubular K-member & coil overs, Tokico Illumina shocks/struts, Global West LCAs, 3.73 gears, Pro-5.0 shifter, Winger letters

02 Corvette Z06: LG Pro Long Tubes, GHL Catback
Black Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 01:08 AM   #3
Aaron94

Send a message via AIM to Aaron94 Send a message via Yahoo to Aaron94
so you can just ditch all those tubes and sensors and crap?? i just need to get a dummy pully or something? can i just run a shorter belt? oh dont worry about passing a emissions, let just say "i know a guy" =)

1994 Rio Red Coupe #3564

304 ci, GT40X Aluminum Heads, Extrude Honed and Polished intake, Motorsport F303 cam, vortech fuel rails, 77 mm Pro-M mass air, 70mm BBK T-Body, Smog pump deletion, MSD and Perfomance distributors ignition components, Tremec 3550, Steeda Tri-axe, King Cobra/Centerforce clutch, Custom 3" Alum Driveshaft, 3.55 Gears, Griggs rear suspension w/torque arm & pan hard bar, Koni Red Shocks/Struts
Aaron94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 04:25 PM   #4
Black Snake

The belt routing on your car is different than mine, so I donít know if you can just run a short belt to by-pass the smog pump or if you would have to remove everything and run an eliminator. If you do remove everything, you will have to plug the holes in the back or your heads for the smog pump lines. Other than that it is just as easy as it sounds.
93 Cobra: Vortech S-Trim, ARF 165ís, TFS Stage I cam, 42# injectors, Kirban AFPR, Pro-M 80, AFM Power Pipe, MSD 6BTM, MSD Blaster Coil, fuel pressure and boost gauges, 255 Walbro in-tank pump, T-Rex, 130 amp 3G alt, Fluidyne radiator, Mark VIII fan, 1 5/8" JBA unequal length shorties, Bassani off-road X-pipe and cat-back, Maximum Motorsports Caster Camber Plates, D&D tubular K-member & coil overs, Tokico Illumina shocks/struts, Global West LCAs, 3.73 gears, Pro-5.0 shifter, Winger letters

02 Corvette Z06: LG Pro Long Tubes, GHL Catback
Black Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 05:11 PM   #5
Blckonyxx

Thumbs up Try this website.

I'm going to assume your pullies are just like the base Mustang GT which is just like our MN12 TBirds.

Good luck

http://stallionmotorsports.tripod.com/short_belt.htm
Blckonyxx is offline   Reply With Quote