SCMC Message Forum  
Go Back   SCMC Message Forum > Pick your poison > American Iron/AV8SS/Grand Am Cup
User Name
Password

Register FAQ Members List SCMC Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2003, 08:42 PM   #1
COBRA #17

Question Shenadoah @ Summit????

Ok guys and galls we need to get some info on the progress of the track. If they are not ready for us in July we have a couple of choices of tracks to run at!!! I don't have to mention them I think you all know. SO if anyone has family or friends close to Summit please let me know and maybe we can gat an update!!!

I heard at CMP they were not even close but Cabetto has told us they will be ready??? SO some good solid info would be great!!!!

AI EAST Asst Director
COBRA #17
COBRA #17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 06:02 PM   #2
HistoricMustang

Hoov, (or anyone else) I got a technical question. And boy do I hate technical questions.

Do you have to take the checkered flag to get points? I passed a couple of guys off the road at CMP on the last lap and still wound up last...............................off course they may have lapped me by the last lap. The only chance this old '65 is gonna have is if I outlast some people. No big deal, but do you have to take the checkered or is it distance traveled?

Thanks Man,
AIX #97
www.historicmustang.com

AIX #97 American Iron - East (Retired)
HistoricMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 07:33 PM   #3
COBRA #17

Good question !!!

Well Henry you are not the only one that has brought that up. I will have a talk with Dan Sun and I will discuss it with him. Will also asked that question. NASA has some strange rules on that topic. Just like Kohler didn't show any time or lap but we know he took the green flag on sat. He is shown as no laps or time on the sheets. SO does he get any points or not? Well I didn't have much input on it since he is in my class. Dan & I try to split it that way, I will most likely make the call on this one. I am glad you brought it up though!! I was partialy guilty of the mistake on sat also. Where killian and S Jones should have started from the back as rookies. It is really hard to keep up with things and race also!!!

On the original topis of the thread. I called Summit today and they told me the Shenadoah coarse " SHOULD " be done at the end of july. I am not convinced but I have to take there word for it. I guess it is hard to judge something when Mother Nature has a hand in it!! I was hoping for R A !!!

AI EAST Asst Director
COBRA #17
COBRA #17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 08:31 PM   #4
HistoricMustang

Hoov, no big deal. I just know that a '65 may never run up front in American Iron, but they can be set up to be very dependable.

In other groups you have to take the checker for points. Most have starting points and finishing points plus the other points. The only exception I have been around is in the Enduros when no one car finishes say a three hour event in class. It is then given to the car who covered the most territory.

Thanks and lets go raccing,

AIX #97
www.historicmustang.com

AIX #97 American Iron - East (Retired)
HistoricMustang is offline   Reply With Quote