SCMC Message Forum  
Go Back   SCMC Message Forum > Pick your poison > American Iron/AV8SS/Grand Am Cup
User Name
Password

Register FAQ Members List SCMC Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2003, 09:19 AM   #1
jbracing

AI at Lowe's

Who's crying and who's flying ? Any results yet ?
jbracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2003, 07:21 PM   #2
Mystic_Cobra
NASA American Iron #16

Yeah, John, how'd it go???

Jimmy Bost #00539
American Iron #16 Ford Mustang Cobra
Mystic_Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2003, 09:31 PM   #3
johnbasf

Send a message via AIM to johnbasf
Re: AI at Lowe's

All I can say is it was a great weekend. Jim Pantas will have the official results up soon on the AI website. I think I was 6th Sat(east) and 4th today(east).

Saturday
East:AI
Shugg
Hoover
Anderson

AIX East:
Lester
Dan Shkickenmeyer

Sunday East results:

Hoover
Stephen Jones
Brian Smith

AIX East: ????

If you are wondering why I say East it's because the Griggs crew was out here with us. Cunningham, Videtto, and Bruce Griggs put on one hell of a display. I'm really not sure of the results so look for them on the Iron site. I can say that the Griggs camp was very impressive!! I also want to say thanks to them for making the trip out East to play with us.

Come on VIR!!!

johnbasf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2003, 10:08 PM   #4
johnbasf

I had the best race days on track Sunday. Beau Dunnivant and I were trading places two to three times every lap. Unfortunately my zoom on my camera was out tooo far and the video sucked. I want to thank Beau for the great racing.

Old 08-25-2003, 12:36 AM   #5
wreckm

We just got home! Thanks to everyone for the great friendship and racing all weekend. It really sucked Shugg broke on Sat. I would have liked to see him with the Griggs boyz on Sun. Thanks to them for making the trip!If anyone has the best lap times from Sun, please post them. I did not pick one up. Hey John, Good thing your wife was with you on the way home! The moon was coming out!!!!
wreckm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 12:41 AM   #6
2KWhiteSnake

Quote:
Originally posted by wreckm
We just got home! Thanks to everyone for the great friendship and racing all weekend. It really sucked Shugg broke on Sat. I would have liked to see him with the Griggs boyz on Sun. Thanks to them for making the trip!If anyone has the best lap times from Sun, please post them. I did not pick one up. Hey John, Good thing your wife was with you on the way home! The moon was coming out!!!!

What happened to Shugg? Btw....Great Job Johnny P!

Craig

5.0 Big Bore block by Modular Performance
Engine built by Lester Lesneski at Performance Auto.
FR500 Intake and Cams
Every part Maximum Motorsports has to offer
Setup/custom IRS changes by Lester Lesneski at Performance Automotive
Banana Motorsports 4 Pt Cage and Subs

2008 Audi RS4 Daily Driver
420 HP N/A V8 with Quattro
http://www.cbslimited.com/rs4.php
2KWhiteSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 05:59 AM   #7
johnbasf

Quote:
Originally posted by 2KWhiteSnake
What happened to Shugg? Btw....Great Job Johnny P!

Craig
Tranny, thanks

Old 08-25-2003, 07:46 AM   #8
HistoricMustang

Well the old girl let me down this weekend. Tranny linkage problems on Saturday and no Start on Sunday.

What a great weekend! High banks, great guys from the East and West getting together, NO rain, no major accidents, everybody helping everybody, garages, a few adult beverages and thoughts of returning next year.

My vote for the best event yet!

See you guys/girls at CMP.

Henry
AIX #97
www.historicmustang.com

AIX #97 American Iron - East (Retired)
HistoricMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 12:12 PM   #9
BOC- Beau

John, I had a blast racing with you too. It is nice to know that two guys can race as hard as we were racing, and come away without a scratch. I definitely would not want to be the one to scratch up any of that mystic paint.
Beau Dunnivant #68 AI-East
www.blueovalclassics.com
BOC- Beau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 04:10 PM   #10
Jack Hidley

Shugg's transmission blew 4th gear five laps into the race on Saturday. He still won AI east on Saturday!

He attempted to race the car on Sunday without 4th gear, but quickly lost 1st and 2nd gears also. He ended up "tooling" around the track in 5th and ending up 5th I think.
Old 08-25-2003, 05:03 PM   #11
wildhorsesracin

Send a message via AIM to wildhorsesracin Send a message via Yahoo to wildhorsesracin
I think we all had 'gremlins' this past weekend, 3 laps into the race saturday my harmonic balancer let go so I rode around just trying to finish -

FYI - a 351w is one heck of a giant vibrator!!!

Once I replaced the balancer I realized the vibration broke the ears off the starter!!! We had to push start me to race on sunday...

Sunday was some awesome racing, clean for the most part, but still some phenomenally close racing for ALL of us...

too bad about shuggy's tranny - schlick's tire - koehler's engine - les's engine - henry's starter - my starter...

I can't wait to race with the west coast crew again, it was awesome running with them...

It was good to meet all of them - here is my favorite picture:

(j/k cosmo - it was great meeting all of you!!)
wildhorsesracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 06:25 PM   #12
johnbasf

Quote:
Originally posted by wreckm
I couldn't believe I DIDN'T see the moon. I warned her.

Old 08-25-2003, 08:30 PM   #13
wreckm

MOON

Good thing I was driving! It would have been a full moon! To Jack, you failed to mention in your attempt to salvage a fifth place finish that He was also a lap and a half down! I wish he would have been there with those boyz more than anyone. We all have to buckle down for VIR. We cant let them have a clean sweep eventhough they are and along with us GRIGGS!!!!! Griggs rules!
wreckm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 08:52 AM   #14
Mystic_Cobra
NASA American Iron #16

Shugg, I am shopping for a new tranny, too. Maybe we should see if we can get a deal on a pair. I've been trying to keep my shifts down around 6 so I can keep commuting with it.
D&D has a nice upgraded 00 Cobra T45 for sale. John's still trying to convince me to spend more and get a 3550 with a lower (higher) 5th.
Jimmy Bost #00539
American Iron #16 Ford Mustang Cobra
Mystic_Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 09:43 AM   #15
svt_coupe
Bryan Shugg

Send a message via AIM to svt_coupe
This was a fun weekend. I wish more east coast (I'm including the OH/IN guys) could have been at this event. I think Smeltzer could have given the Griggs contingent a run for their money!

It was AWESOME to see the Griggs Team make the trek across the lower 48 to come rub some fenders with us. I only wish that Cunnigham wasn't late to the grid (and had to start from the back) so that we could have diced a little more on Saturday before I lost 4th gear. Such is life. It was pretty cool to see Hoover right up there with the G cars (as the 3 AI cars lapped me!). I'm looking forward to seeing them again at VIR. Again, great meeting the Griggs crew.

Beau and Pearson put on a great show on Sunday!! They were swapping positions back and forth and racing each other as clean as could be. That was fun to watch for a little while until they walked away from me. You guys looked like you were having too much fun, fellas. GREAT driving.

For the record Jack, I lost 4th gear in Saturday's race, then 3rd gear during qualifying Sunday morning. I opted to start from the back of the pack as I didn't want to get mowed down by a rolling freight train called "American Iron" on the start. Driving around in a 0.68 5th gear was a lesson in momentum. I think I'm gonna start every practice session using only 5th gear from now on (kidding). I learned a TON in that 1 race about carrying speed. I'm just glad I did all of those modifications (aluminum clutch, David Simmons SSR intake, and one hell of a tune!!) to my 281 cu in torque monster motor - I had loads of torque to pull me around the track from as low as 2300rpm at times. It is just amazing what can be done with a mod motor these days and a good tune.

Bost - I may have some good news for you about your tranny. Give me a call or shoot me a PM.

Shugg

PS - was the skinny moon out AGAIN this weekend?!?!
#67 American Iron East
svt_coupe is offline   Reply With Quote