SCMC Message Forum  
Go Back   SCMC Message Forum > Pick your poison > American Iron/AV8SS/Grand Am Cup
User Name
Password

Register FAQ Members List SCMC Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2003, 01:15 PM   #1
Blown96Snake
SCMC Member

Send a message via AIM to Blown96Snake
VIR Twin 50s

Or whatever they were called. How did you guys like it. I thought it was cool seeing you guys back to back. I know Dan had to furiously work on the car to get it ready for the second race, but other than that.

You guys put on a great show, I was looking over on the hill between 4 and 5 and there were still many fans watching.

Did SPEED cover any of the race? I hope to be out there with you guys some day, but I have quite a few more schools and life stuff before I am to that point.

GREAT JOB!!!

Dave
Old 10-06-2003, 09:23 PM   #2
johnbasf

Send a message via AIM to johnbasf
It was a fantastic weekend. I want to first thank Dave Stanfield for bringing me a spare set of rotors on Sunday!! Beau and I had another epic battle in the second race. If I have it figured correctly I am the rookie points winner on the East Coast. I am eligible for contigincy money from http://www.on-trackperformance.com/

I want to congratulate James Hoover on winning the East Coast AI points championship. James and his whole crew did a hell of a job this year.

My AI season is over. I have decided not to go to Summit Point in November. I can put that money towards some MM goodies this winter.

I would also like to thank all the MM crew for their support at VIR. Those guys really know their stuff about how to make a Mustang handle.

johnbasf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 01:05 AM   #3
racercosmo

Good job John. I'll see you for sure next year. Your welcome for me not going to VIR.
I really haven't heard much about the race other than who made the top 3 spots. My drivers don't like to call me.
Old 10-07-2003, 05:14 PM   #4
johnbasf

http://www.americaniron-east.com/200.../results.shtml

Old 10-07-2003, 07:13 PM   #5
wildhorsesracin

Send a message via AIM to wildhorsesracin Send a message via Yahoo to wildhorsesracin
It was a phenomenal weekend - I can't say enough good things about the MM crew - they were simply awesome!!!

I can't wait for Labor Day next year!

I am skipping Summit Point as well - especially after losing the transmission in the 2nd race - I should have enough points to keep 2nd place - I'll know more when Hoovy sends me the updates...

I am making some changes to the car for next year, started last night pulling the ole' girl apart - I will post some parts for sale once I get them yanked off the car - starting with the engine... so if you know anyone that wants a good engine for AIX, she's a doozy!

I'll be running in AI next year... play with the low HP crowd for a change
wildhorsesracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 08:17 PM   #6
johnbasf

I would like to take a minute and thanks my sponsors. Tom Lewis you are the man. http://www.bananamotorsports.com/ I can't thank you enough for your support this year. I look forward to working with you in the future. Thanks to Mark at Turbo Tune http://www.turbotuneusltd.com/index.htm Mark did all of my dynotuning this year. I look forward to this partnership even more this winter.

Old 10-07-2003, 09:11 PM   #7
HistoricMustang

Good stuff guys.

Am also going to skip Summit Point and get the shop finished and the motor pulled out of the old girl to see what is going on inside of her. I hope it ain't a "partial birth abortion".

Hope to finish the season with the current position of fourth in points. No bad for a 55 year old driving a 40 (almost) year old girl with a lot of laps under her skirt.

You guys are great and laps ahead of any other amature group I have run with.

Got a big announcement coming in a few weeks.

Lets just say it is: "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly".

Henry

AIX #97 American Iron - East (Retired)
HistoricMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 10:46 PM   #8
rshelbygt

Until 2004.....

Congratulations to Hoover and his entire crew!! Great job this year...you had your stuff together. Wish the battle would have gone down to Summit..but you guys were just too strong.

All of you AI folks put on a great show in 2003. Many thanks to Dan and Hoover for keeping this ship afloat. You both put up with quite a bit...and came through it all like the champions that you are.

I'll be staying home for the Summit race...so I'll see you all in the spring of '04.

This season has certainly had it's share of great and not-so-great moments.....let's hold on to the good...learn from the bad...and make changes to keep this great series growing.

Shugg--What can I say? Thanks for allowing me to be a part of this deal. Can't wait to tear into the 67 and get it ready for 2004!! Thanks for everything...you're truly a class act!
rshelbygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 10:49 PM   #9
wreckm

Thanks John!

This was the greatest weekend of my racing career. All of the hard work has finally paid off. It was great to see the support that MM gave to you guys this weekend. It was even better to see the Griggs boyz make there second race of the year. I think we all see that we need to step it up for next year . If things go right out west I think Griggs will secure East and West top first and second place finishes. It has been great, Who knows maybe we will show up at Summit dressed in AIX trim!!!!! Again, it has been a great year! I would like to take this time to dedicate this race for Alan to his friend Noel who lost his life in a car accident on Sunday morning. Alan decided to stay and race rather than go home. This is what AI is about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wreckm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 12:16 AM   #10
racercosmo

I missed something, Congratulations James. If I am correct, James also broke Guy's single season victory record of 8 wins. I also assume that Dan is the AIX champion, congratulations to you too. You guys were all fun to hang around with during the few spare minutes I had at Lowes, I wish I was at VIR. Maybe I'll move out there next year.

So who is coming out for their beatings at Las Vegas? My offer still stands for anybody from a different region to make the AI podium.
Old 10-08-2003, 10:54 AM   #11
mwilson7
SCMC Member

Henry,

Did you know either of the other two Shelby (clones?) that raced with us? Unfortunately both had problems over the weekend but it was great to be on the track with them!

Thanks everyone for a great time!

Hopefully us northerners have convinced you that the Saturday night BBQ is a good idea. That should be an AI requirement.

Cosmo - I'll be at the Vegas race but only to watch I'm afraid as they won't let my car on the plane. Something about a 70 lbs limit.....
93 Cobra #1824
98.5 SVT Contour
04 BIW Mustang AV8SS #29
www.on-trackperformance.com
mwilson7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 07:22 PM   #12
HistoricMustang

Mark, Andy (#73) did several races with us this year and is one of the fastest early models I have been around. Very nice car and nice guy. I think he has proved to everyone that the early model can hang with a late model (it is a weight thing) in AIX. Andy is a great driver with a lot of laps under his belt. Hope he returns.

Since I did not make the trip, not sure what the other Shelby (clone) was. If a photo goes up perhaps I can identify. There are a bunch of these guys over on the historic side that we need to get into AIX to really add to the show. Good stuff.

Henry

AIX #97 American Iron - East (Retired)
HistoricMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 07:54 PM   #13
mwilson7
SCMC Member

Unfortunately it looked like Andy blew his motor and the other Shelby (clone) was a very nice blue car that also had mechanical problems.

Both were great racers and I would love to race with them again any time!
93 Cobra #1824
98.5 SVT Contour
04 BIW Mustang AV8SS #29
www.on-trackperformance.com
mwilson7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 09:05 PM   #14
GeoSnake

Hey Guys!
I just wanted to tell you AI participants how much I enjoyed watching on Saturday. Also...I'm jealous!! If the funds were there I would ditch my street monster and be out there w/ you! I think it was great of the Maximum Motorsports folks not only to send stuff but send out personel from California! That just lets us know that they do care for what we are into. I've got some decent video from the "cheap seats" but don't have the fire-wire set up yet. Have a good one!
Brad Worley
GeoSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 12:57 AM   #15
AI/X #08

Quote:
Unfortunately it looked like Andy blew his motor
Yeah I've got good video of that. He blew right in front of me and spun the car in his own oil. Ironically I put my car in the same grass as he did a lap later when the oil line ripped out with the blower belt. Fortunately his car turned out to be OK physically as did he. Very pretty car.
Mark
AI/X #08 is offline   Reply With Quote