Go Back   SCMC Message Forum > General Forums > Show and Shine
User Name
Password

Register FAQ Members List SCMC Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2004, 04:09 PM   #1
Black Horse
Hyper-Performance Inc.

Send a message via AIM to Black Horse
Exclamation Mr. Clean Auto Dry - Fact or Fiction?

With a bit of a warm up in SW Ohio, it was time to knock some of the winter crud off the car. I figured a quick once over to at least take some of the stuff off would be good enough, not going to waste too much time since my gravel drive will just throw more muddy slime back up anyway.

I figured I would try out my newly purchased Mr. Clean Auto Dry system, you know, the ones advertised on TV....guaranteed to dry spot free....Yeah right....on a black car.....

Incredibly, even with a quick wash down, rinse and then the filtered/deionized rinse from this little unit....the car sat in partial shade (they recommend not washing it in the sun), the dirt sudsed right off and in 20 minutes I had one gorgeous, clean, SPOT AND STREAK FREE car.....never even picked up a towel or chamois.....INCREDIBLE!!!!!!

It was such a time saver not having to dry and wipe and rub ... I fully utilized the extra time to drink a beer and sit in the (finally) 50 degree weather to watch my car dry.

Looks like its a keeper!!! I won't be getting my money back...their guarantee is golden!

Now if the weather will dry out the drive so I can keep fom coating it with mud before I reach the road....

Mr. Clean Auto Dry WOW! Take it to the bank - it's for real!

- Dave SCMC #350
1999 Black Coupe #11 "Sir Pent"
1995 R spec NASA IN/OH AI #46

"Racing to Make a Difference" - please support the Whiz Kids Tutoring and Mentoring www.citygospelmission.org/whizkids.html

Hyper-Performance Motorsports Inc.
Custom Graphics and Custom Designed Racing Equipment
(513)892-2038 hyperperform@aol.com
www.hyperperformancemotorsports.com
Black Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 10:21 PM   #2
venomous
Polk County Redneck

Send a message via AIM to venomous Send a message via Yahoo to venomous
I was going to ask a question about the Mr. Clean Autodry car wash but somebody else beat me to it. I am kinda scare to use this stuff because for some reason I would think it would eat the wax and shine off my car. It seems like it would be alot easier to wash a car with this product, but I am still skeptical. How could it dry spot free without eating up the wax/shine. Recon I will just have to see itto believe it. Until then I am still a die hard Meguiars man.
~1995 "Rio Red" Cobra #3379 of 4005
2.2 Kenne Bell Blowzilla/ Flowzilla Supercharger (12# Boost), AFR 165 Aluminum Heads 61cc, TMoss Port Matched Cobra Lower, Trickflow 1.7 Roller Rockers, Crane 2031 Camshaft, 3/8" Intake Spacer, 60# Injectors, Accufab 75mm Throttle Body w/ Blank Spacer, DynoJet Wideband Commander, MSD Pro Billet Distributor, MSD Blaster Coil, SCT Big Mouth Meter BAF 2400, JLT Custom Cold Air intake, Deleted EGR/ Smog, Mac Chrome Radiator Pipes, Mac Ceramic Coated Shorty Headers, Mac O/R H-Pipe, Flowmaster Cat-Back, Pro 5.0 Shifter, Ford Racing 3:73 Gears, H&R Sport Springs, Chrome Cobra R Wheels
Pro Dyno Tuned to 498 RWHP 497 RWTQ
venomous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 11:10 PM   #3
nckissfan
Everyone hates a winner!

Send a message via Yahoo to nckissfan
thanks for letting us know how it works. I might have to try it one time. I know how you feel with the gravel driveway deal. I have one, too. Every dern time I go down the drive, and it has recently rained, I get little mud stripes on my rear quarters. Ahh, it is enough to drive you batty!!
nckissfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 08:24 AM   #4
ausie
Don't let the dog drive

Send a message via MSN to ausie
Your dirveway sounds like the parking lot where I work. You would think that the plasma composed of tar and various grades of stone would be a good thing, but no, not for my company, we like pot holes and driving our new cars on stone pits. Even the trucks get stuck in out parking lot. I think at one time it had macadum or tarmak on it, but now just a large dust field and mud pot to pull into. That rates right up there with those dang township roadways that get sprayed with oil and dusty stones. Somehow I think they wrote the book on how to make roads unsafe to drive on which was subsidized by the auto-glass and body repair shops.

I have two black cars, one is the cobra and the other a ford exploder (the way ford should have spelled it) one positive and one negative. I will have to try the Mr. Clean car wash, dang, after I spent all that money on a pressure washer. I just wonder.... is it compatible with pressure washers? Pressure washers are great especially if you pay by the gallon in your water bill. I use less water with the pressure washer than just using the hose. Besides that, I am not fond of washing my car at the carwash which uses recycled water. Talk about cleaning your car at the car wash is sort of an oxymorone. That sort of reminds me of the oxy-clean.

Does anybody else have any good results about the Mr. Clean product? I guess I will just have to try it myself and see what happens.
ausie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 09:31 PM   #5
Mystic_Cobra
NASA American Iron #16

thanks for letting us know, I'd been considering one too!!!
Jimmy Bost #00539
American Iron #16 Ford Mustang Cobra
Mystic_Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 08:36 AM   #6
My Cobra

Send a message via AIM to My Cobra Send a message via MSN to My Cobra
I have seen some adds for this and did not know what to think. i figured it was just another scam but from what you guys say it is not that bad. thanks for the thoughts. lol guess i should have just gave it a shot. so do you just spray it down with water soap her down then use this thing? Also has anybody tried the spray on wax stuff that you do not have to buff out? any thoughs on this?
Old 04-19-2004, 04:07 PM   #7
My Cobra

Send a message via AIM to My Cobra Send a message via MSN to My Cobra
yea so i went out and bough this things. It works pretty good. I like being lazy and washing my car every other day. lol it does not clean the car well (not for me ) but it does make it so you do not have to dry it. so i am going to use it for that part which is still well worth it.
Old 08-31-2004, 05:05 AM   #8
LTHL BITE

Send a message via AIM to LTHL BITE
i used it also and am now a beliver. two thumbs up
LTHL BITE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 02:34 PM   #9
95Cobra

I've had one for like 2 months now...works GREAT. I haven't had to dry either the Cobra or the Jeep since!!
95 White Cobra #259
Black Leather
Procharged P1SC, 9PSI, AFR165's, extrude honed Cobra intake, custom cam, 42#'s, 75 Pro-m, 75mm t/body, full Mac, TKO-600, macloud twin friction, Eaton, 31 spline. Much more.....
Safe dyno #'s
427RWHP
434RWTQ
95Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 10:22 AM   #10
sambo300

Send a message via Yahoo to sambo300
It works real good. You'll be very satisfied with it. Be sure to get the refill soap and filter when you purchase. They just give you enough in the starter kit to get you hooked!
sambo300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 01:45 PM   #11
2XSVT

I have been using one for about 6 months, my black Cobra is spot free

without drying. The filter it comes with won't last 2 washes but the replacements last longer, I get about 6 or 8 washes but our water is very hard.

Another great product is NXT tech wax, it only lasts 3 months in the Texas weather but man what a shine and it's easy on easy off.
2XSVT is offline   Reply With Quote