SCMC Message Forum  
Go Back   SCMC Message Forum > SVT Platforms > 93 - 95 SVT Cobra Forum
User Name
Password

Register FAQ Members List SCMC Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2004, 01:20 AM   #1
jkrkk1

Grill

Does anybody know the easiest way for me to install a honey comb type grill on my 95. I know that it did not come with one, but it looks like there should be one there. I really dislike modifying the appearance of a stock car, but this one needs it. Also, any reason why they did not put the supporting bar over the top of the engine, like they did in my old 94 GT.
Thanks and God Bless

><)))*>
jkrkk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 06:07 PM   #2
Aaron94

Send a message via AIM to Aaron94 Send a message via Yahoo to Aaron94
I don't know about the honeycomb grill. My cousin has a billet style on his 94 GT, looks ok, but it is a pain to get the hood open.

On the support bar note, I don't know why they didnt put one on. www.maximummotorsports.com makes the best one in my opinion, it is totally bolt on. I picked one up for mine, but I don't know that it will fit due to my C&L truflo pipe, and phoenelic spacer between the upper and lower intakes. This weekend I am going to try to install it, if it will not fit, maybe you would want to buy it from me? I will be out in TN for the 5th, and maybe even driving back closer to you if you are interested. Let me know.

1994 Rio Red Coupe #3564

304 ci, GT40X Aluminum Heads, Extrude Honed and Polished intake, Motorsport F303 cam, vortech fuel rails, 77 mm Pro-M mass air, 70mm BBK T-Body, Smog pump deletion, MSD and Perfomance distributors ignition components, Tremec 3550, Steeda Tri-axe, King Cobra/Centerforce clutch, Custom 3" Alum Driveshaft, 3.55 Gears, Griggs rear suspension w/torque arm & pan hard bar, Koni Red Shocks/Struts
Aaron94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 10:07 AM   #3
jkrkk1

Thanks for the tip about getting the hood open, that is something to consider, we could modify one in our shop, I might call some junk yards today to see If I can find one from a 96 that can be modified. I think that is when they started putting them on. I am very new to alot of these things. I was really into mustangs before I got married in 90, then I had to get the car stuff off of the brain and put the marriage and kids stuff in there. I definately enjoy the marraige and kids stuff more, but the car stuff is a relaxing release. Does anybody know of a good book and or poster showing all of the mustang models and or all of the cobra models?
As far as the brace goes, I hope that it will fit your car, I'm not really interested in putting it on, I was just curious. But that is interesting that my previously owned 94 GT had one on it but your 94 Cobra does not.
Thanks and God Bless
jeff

><)))*>
jkrkk1 is offline   Reply With Quote