SCMC Message Forum  
Go Back   SCMC Message Forum > General Forums > Kill Stories
User Name
Password

Register FAQ Members List SCMC Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2004, 05:54 AM   #1
JDawg1536

M3 kill????!!!!!!??????

I was on surface streets earlier tonight when I pulled up next to a 2004 m3. Some rich little asian kid was driving and he was on the phone. So I blow by him when the light turns green and get in front of him. Then about 20 seconds later he flys by and gets in front of me. We were doing about 60 and he changes lanes to make room for me. He stages about a car length in front of me and we both punch it. I pulled on him HARD. I passed him up and put about 2-3 lenghts on him which I kept all the way into 4th gear. I was going 115 in a 35 so i decide to slow down. At about 75mph he tries to stage me again. Sorry kid, you only get one shot He wouldnt even look over at me though. I thought these things were supposed to be really fast. I have a 1998 Cobra with intake and exhaust, thats it. I made his car look like a $60,000 waste of money. Anyone else ever race an m3?
2003 Acura RSX Type S
2001 Ford Lightning
2003 Mitsubishi Lancer EVO
1998 Camaro Z28
2003 Honda Civic SI
2000 Ford Lightning

1999 BMW M- I salute you
JDawg1536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 12:00 PM   #2
My Cobra

Send a message via AIM to My Cobra Send a message via MSN to My Cobra
nice kill. ha ha ha i have not lined up next to one of these things before.
Old 08-04-2004, 08:39 PM   #3
redsnake99
SCMC Member

M3 drivers get really irritated when a Cobra passes them on the open track, which happend often. They are often participants in NASA HPDE events, which I enjoy a great deal.

Old 08-04-2004, 10:25 PM   #4
RF Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDawg1536
Anyone else ever race an m3?
Yes, in our 1987 Tbird turbo coupe while in the mountains. He got in the left lane and tried to get by on an uphill stretch of road. His front bumper never made it up to the front fender on the TC. He had it running flat out, but I just pulled away from him.

He wasn't a happy camper!
RF Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 12:34 PM   #5
Ken P.

Ate them for lunch on a regular basis at Road Atlanta track days in my 93 clone. Stock 90 LX 5.0 100,000+ mile long block ( heads, cam, & internals ). The usual 1 5/8" headers, no cats high flow h-pipe, pulleys, 65mm TB, chip, K&N cold air kit, and racing fuel. Also the car was gutted with just the 6 point bar, seat, shifter, and steering wheel. Added suspension of 4WDB, Koni's, Eibachs, Cobra rear bar, urethane everything. Maybe they were trying to save some motor while I was drilling mine... not sure. Went past them on the back straight with really no problem. Towards the end of the session(s) they would start being able to keep up in the s-turns but that was just my tires going away alittle. I'd leave them standing going back onto the rear straight.
Ken P. is offline   Reply With Quote