SCMC Message Forum  
Go Back   SCMC Message Forum > Pick your poison > Autocross/Open Track /OTC updates
User Name
Password

Register FAQ Members List SCMC Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2004, 02:03 AM   #1
kurtfriedrich

How many stock wheel/tires fit in a Cobra?

I want to autocross with R rated tires and I don't want to pull a trailer - so the question is, has anyone tried to put the stock 03/04 SVT Cobra wheel/tires in the Cobra's trunk, back seat, and passenger seat? I am worried that the stock 9"x17" wheels with tires are too fat to fit even one wheel in the trunk ... and will 2 more fit in the back seat, and one in the passenger seat?

Maybe someone has gotten a flat with an 03/04 Cobra and can tell me if they could fit at least 1 stock wheel in the trunk?

thanks

Kurt

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/kurtfr...CornerComp.JPG
kurtfriedrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 10:34 AM   #2
beerkat

Messure the dia. of the tire and see what it tells you. You might have to do a rear seat delete. Pulling a small trailer to haul your tires is not a bad idea. Then you would have more room for more stuff as well as a place to keep while at the track. I know that is one of the things I miss about using my L for events is the hauling capacity.
beerkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 04:36 PM   #3
tnturbo

In my 96, with the bottom of the back seat out I carry 3 275/40 R compounds on Cobra R wheels. I also carry one in the trunk. It is hard to have a front seat passenger though unless they can handle the seat pretty far forward.

In the back seat, I turn one sideways behind the driver and two facing forward like they are mounted on the car behind the passenger. I also fit a small toolbox, floor jack, and 2 foldup chairs in the trunk
tnturbo is offline   Reply With Quote