SCMC Message Forum  
Go Back   SCMC Message Forum > Pick your poison > American Iron/AV8SS/Grand Am Cup
User Name
Password

Register FAQ Members List SCMC Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2004, 09:30 PM   #1
johnbasf

Send a message via AIM to johnbasf
??????????

Is the season over???

johnbasf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 11:34 PM   #2
FCorkran

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbasf
Is the season over???
Not quite yet. Who's going to Summit for the season ender this weekend? So far it looks like Beau will finish no lower than 2nd, going by the driver list on the NASA-VA website. The AI/CMC group may have trouble finishing off the keg this Saturday night.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:15 AM   #3
SIUNARA

Are you going John?

95 Cobra
SIUNARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 10:21 AM   #4
svt_coupe
Bryan Shugg

Send a message via AIM to svt_coupe
Good point. Not much has been said about AI-East this season (at least I think that was the point, Pearson ).

There has been a few new faces this year and AI should be a bit stronger next year. There are talks about having a roving series in 2005 that visits more than one region (score). This would be key, in my belief, for a continued growth of AI. The east coast saw a decline in car counts this year due to the financial strain that racing places on drivers. However, there are those out there building cars (i.e. Frank), getting comp licenses (congrats Ed McGuire, by the by), and looking to 2005 to make their entrance. We should also see some familiar faces return.

Getting more to the point... this coming weekend at Summit Point will determine the AI East year-end standings. I'm looking forward to seeing Beau and Brian again, as well as other AI faces (whoever dares to show up ). I've had a tremendous time with these two guys this year and couldn't have asked for two better guys to race with.

2005 should be interesting. I'm looking forward to it.

As far as the 1-2-3 positions are concerned, Beau figured out the point for the season and included AI's pole awards points. I think I'm currently in first, with Brian Smith in second, and Beau not shortly behind in third. So, it's still up in the air. The three of us have spoken on the phone recently and everyone is bringing their game faces. It should prove to be some very interesting racing.

Thanks much to Lester Lesneski (who is also building a car...) for the help fixing my exhaust last night. It's patched up and ready to roll (the X pipe ripped apart in the race last weekend).

Shugg
#67 American Iron East
svt_coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 01:18 PM   #5
johnbasf

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIUNARA
Are you going John?
No, I'm giving the front seat back to Jason.

Shugg should have got a crewcab!!!!

Old 11-03-2004, 02:09 PM   #6
BOC- Beau

Yes, the prospective "touring" series is exciting news. I am very interested to see what oportunities open up for us over the winter. I am glad to see AI on the comeback trail on the east coast. We have had some disappointing turnouts this year, but it looks like attendance will be better next year. I look forward to seeing everyone at Summit this weekend. I am glad to see Bob Kaser on the list. We should have one heck of a race. Frank, I think we will be able to knock a healthy dent in that keg. I expect to get your help with that on Saturday night. We are going to have a get together after the party to bench race.

Beau Dunnivant AI #68
Beau Dunnivant #68 AI-East
www.blueovalclassics.com
BOC- Beau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 02:11 PM   #7
BOC- Beau

Quote:

John I've just got you spoiled, that's all!
www.blueovalclassics.com
Old 11-03-2004, 03:12 PM   #8
FCorkran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOC- Beau
Frank, I think we will be able to knock a healthy dent in that keg. I expect to get your help with that on Saturday night. We are going to have a get together after the party to bench race.
The racers must be waiting until the last minute to sign up, as usual. I'll definitely be around Saturday night, but of course I won't be too much help on the keg. I have to drive back to Charles Town for the night, then get up in time to be back for the 7:30 all-hands meeting. It's hard not to stay and enjoy, but I don't want to miss out on racing next year by losing my DL. As for the touring AI, I was pleased to hear that there will be lots of SP events next year. Is there/will there be a separate AI-East plus individual regional championships?

Since you sell the Willwood brake kits Beau, maybe you can answer a question for me. I need to order a set of replacement rotors from Coleman for my Baer kit, but I don't have access to my car to measure the bolt hole ID (or to my Carrol Smith books). The Baer rotors are attached to the hat with NAS 1/4-28 bolts and nuts, I just haven't found a recommended hole diameter for those bolts. Any info? If not I'll have to wait another two weeks to take measurements.
Old 11-03-2004, 03:52 PM   #9
BOC- Beau

According to what I have been told, there will still be regional championships. There are people out there lingering in space that are much more informed than me on this matter. Maybe one of them will chime in.

I can't help you much on the rotors. Don't forget that there are alot of different bolt circle diameters as well.
www.blueovalclassics.com
Old 11-03-2004, 05:58 PM   #10
svt_coupe
Bryan Shugg

Send a message via AIM to svt_coupe
Quote:
No, I'm giving the front seat back to Jason.

#67 American Iron East
svt_coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 06:44 PM   #11
FCorkran

Quote:
I can't help you much on the rotors. Don't forget that there are alot of different bolt circle diameters as well.
No problem, I got all the measurements last weekend except the exact bolt hole diameter. Thought you might know the recommended size for the NAS 1/4" shear bolts - as in Wilwood might use the same fasteners for attachment. The Baers appear to be from DBA, they seem to like overkill 12 bolt patterns for some reason.
Old 11-03-2004, 07:41 PM   #12
johnbasf

Quote:
John I've just got you spoiled, that's all!

Tell your Dad I need those in-car. I also need his e-mail. He'll know why I need it.

Old 11-04-2004, 11:52 AM   #13
BOC- Beau

Dad had every race on tape(so he thought). He said it took him a looong time to do. He gave the tape to me and there was nothing on it! He was not happy. He turned the job over to me. I have the last three Summit races on there already, and I will work on it more this evening. It will be done next week. I'll PM dad's e-mail to you.

Beau
www.blueovalclassics.com
Old 11-04-2004, 11:58 AM   #14
BOC- Beau

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt_coupe

www.blueovalclassics.com
Old 11-04-2004, 01:11 PM   #15
johnbasf

Quote:
Dad had every race on tape(so he thought). He said it took him a looong time to do. He gave the tape to me and there was nothing on it! He was not happy. He turned the job over to me. I have the last three Summit races on there already, and I will work on it more this evening. It will be done next week. I'll PM dad's e-mail to you.

Beau
Got your PM. Thanks

OH, LOL at John D.