User Name
Password

Register FAQ Members List SCMC Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2005, 01:09 AM   #16
Cobra4me
R&R4ever

Send a message via AIM to Cobra4me
thanks

thanks to all for your opinions on the endless list of CAI,s out there. I like the fact that the tunable induction system is not metal and will not conduct heat like the metal ones. I will see for myself I guess. Right now the fact that I have had the car only a month I am well satisfied with the HP since I just sold my 99 V6 mustang convertible. So right now it is like being in rocket in comparison.

RobK
Cobra4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 04:27 AM   #17
Firme
track deprived

RobK

JLT is also not metal... check them out as the link is posted on the first page. Just make sure you don't have a Strut Tower Brace.

Josh.. I agree with you on the Densecharger bends, but keep in mind both Tunable Inductions and JLT make a under hood kit. As far as the in Fender, JLT has a better design on the Maf at filter with no bends, but with tunable inductions, as long as you order the Pro-M with system, you can chose either no bends or 1 bend in the MAF calibration (2 bends will still cause problems)

alot of choices, I'm just throwing our variables.
~#2743 of 3867 Born on 8/6/01
- Magnaflow Catback, Magnaflow X-pipe, 03 Bilstein Shocks/Struts, MM front Coil-Over kit, MM STB, H&R rear Race Springs, MM IRS bushing, MM upper and lower rear Control arm bushings, Custom SFC. MGW shifter(replaced the p.o.s Tri-Ax), a whole slew of MGW pieces

Founding member of the "Texas Demon Hell Snakes who eat small children" secret society
Firme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 07:41 AM   #18
smashedheadcat

Send a message via AIM to smashedheadcat
I guess I'm not familiar with Tunable Inductions...... But, that'll happen. Thanks for the info on it.

2003 Oxford White Cobra Coupe
Twin Turbo
Solid Axle
Automatic
Return Fuel System

1997 Triple Black Cobra Convertible
Forged and Blown. 511rwhp 398 rwtq
*Sold*
smashedheadcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 02:14 PM   #19
Firme
track deprived

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashedheadcat
I guess I'm not familiar with Tunable Inductions...... But, that'll happen. Thanks for the info on it.
Tunable Inductions is the new name for Densecharger... they changed the name of the system and made a few design/configuration changes basically. I totally did not even consider them originally due to what you were talking about... the bends causing metering problems, but recently I looked them up again, and saw they made improvements. They still have the two bend system, but admit it won't meter right in certain circumstances, and they offer the Pro-M MAF calibrated for 1 bend to allow you to run one turn without a problem, and also the under hood (similar to the RAI) but the filter does not offer the open end on the Green filter like the JLT RAI offers on the S&B filter.

www.demolet.com

sorry for making it all so complicated
- Magnaflow Catback, Magnaflow X-pipe, 03 Bilstein Shocks/Struts, MM front Coil-Over kit, MM STB, H&R rear Race Springs, MM IRS bushing, MM upper and lower rear Control arm bushings, Custom SFC. MGW shifter(replaced the p.o.s Tri-Ax), a whole slew of MGW pieces

Founding member of the "Texas Demon Hell Snakes who eat small children" secret society
Old 01-02-2005, 06:57 PM   #20
smashedheadcat

Send a message via AIM to smashedheadcat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firme

sorry for making it all so complicated
Thanks for the info on it. Sounds like a good system if the problem is solved.

2003 Oxford White Cobra Coupe
Twin Turbo
Solid Axle
Automatic
Return Fuel System

1997 Triple Black Cobra Convertible
Forged and Blown. 511rwhp 398 rwtq
*Sold*
smashedheadcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 01:55 AM   #21
NO 5 OH

Send a message via AIM to NO 5 OH Send a message via Yahoo to NO 5 OH
Quote:
I actually had an RAI painted mineral grey that I bought from JLT that I have to send back because it will not go on the car with my MM strut tower brace.
Firme,

What exactly was wrong with the RAI that it wouldn't fit the MM strut tower brace? I thought about changing my cold air to the JLT piece but never decided/hesitated to do so as he said it wouldn't clear the MM strut tower brace on the 03/04's. I sat the brace down on my car over Christmas and it looked like there was enough room to have a 4" pipe ran in to the TB. I know my mounting location to the TB would be different but I'm curious as to why your's wouldn't clear... if you don't mind me asking

Shannon <--- owns the "arrest me red" colored Cobra

Chuck Norris built my Cobra. It runs off the tears of small children and makes 10,000 horsepower. He calls it his "street version."
NO 5 OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 02:23 AM   #22
Firme
track deprived

Shannon,

The triangle made by the strut tower, valve cover, and the strut tower brace, are just big enough to fit the 4" pipe, however, the angle the pipe fits, will not allow the pipe to mate with the rubber part comming off of the throttle body. The pipe is off and at the wrong angle.

for me, open track and twisties take precedence over ~10 hp so..

its a good looking setup though

Old 01-06-2005, 02:13 AM   #23
NO 5 OH

Quote:
Shannon,

The triangle made by the strut tower, valve cover, and the strut tower brace, are just big enough to fit the 4" pipe, however, the angle the pipe fits, will not allow the pipe to mate with the rubber part comming off of the throttle body. The pipe is off and at the wrong angle.

for me, open track and twisties take precedence over ~10 hp so..

its a good looking setup though
I see said the blind man to the deaf man on the phone

You have any thoughts as to whether or not JLT's kit would fit the 03 with the MM strut tower brace? I haven't installed it yet... but I've got this damn buzzing rattle in the center A/C vents that I was hoping the strut tower brace might fix. It's coming from the harmonics of the LT's under the car. I know you'd just be speculating but I value your opinion

Man I've got a slew of parts to put on the Cobra that need to go on... and a lot of it from our favorite manufacturer

Shannon

Chuck Norris built my Cobra. It runs off the tears of small children and makes 10,000 horsepower. He calls it his "street version."
Old 01-06-2005, 02:46 AM   #24
InfamousSVT

I have the JLT RAI in Comp Orange on my 04' and for the time being it's fine, but I'm going to get the piping from JLT to convert it to a CAI! Reason is for the Cold air from the fender and a much better horsepower increase! But either way, with the increase air flow the SuperCharger sure does scream!!!!!

1994 Chevy S-10 - DailyDriver
InfamousSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 08:41 AM   #25
Firme
track deprived

Quote:
Originally Posted by NO 5 OH
I see said the blind man to the deaf man on the phone

You have any thoughts as to whether or not JLT's kit would fit the 03 with the MM strut tower brace? I haven't installed it yet... but I've got this damn buzzing rattle in the center A/C vents that I was hoping the strut tower brace might fix. It's coming from the harmonics of the LT's under the car. I know you'd just be speculating but I value your opinion

Man I've got a slew of parts to put on the Cobra that need to go on... and a lot of it from our favorite manufacturer

Shannon
I would email or PM Tucker on here and as about the fitment on an 03 with the MM STB, but my guess would be it will not fit. Now, as far as the buzzing, is it from the A/C vents or the LT's? Either way, the STB will prolly not be the fix for it. The STB wil however make the car alot more responsive and rigid up front. You can really tell that you not flexing the strut towers under hard turns after install, especially if you get coil-overs.

As far as the buzzing, if its comming from the plastic middle vents, some have had luck taking the piece out, and installing O-rings between the vents and the modling.

MM parts make me giddy like a little school girl

Old 01-06-2005, 11:11 PM   #26
NO 5 OH

Quote:
MM parts make me giddy like a little school girl
Hey now... I didn't really need to know this

I actually did ask Tucker about this when I was considering buying his cold air kit, and he said it wouldn't fit. I looked on MM's website last night sometime after I sent my last reply and looked at the instructions for the 01 Cobras. I can see indeed what you were talking about the ram air not fitting due to the strut tower brace. I'm thinking like the boot that connects his CAI to the TB comes right at the end of the front of the STB on the 03's... plus there's a slight bit of room above it for extra clearance.

I guess I need to talk Tony into driving "Mr. Chrome" to the carting event this weekend up in NC and bringing my STB with me. Since he has the JLT kit this will be a "without a doubt" way of knowing if Tucker's kit will fit with the brace.

The vents buzz off and on... they're mainly due to the harmonics produced by the exhaust/long tube headers. I guess I'll see if I can take care of that My worst problem now it seems is dragging the convertible x-brace on a lot of things since putting the H&R's on it about two monts ago

Shannon

Old 01-21-2005, 05:57 PM   #27
tEk

JLT all they way. cant wait till Custom Tune.hope to see more outta this badboy

tEk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 03:32 PM   #28
knickles8072
SCMC Member

Not sure if I am posing this in the right place but I am looking for an original Mach 460 cassette and cd player for my 1997 cobra. I have checked on ebay and a couple of mustang salvage places but no luck. Does anyone know where I could possibly find this?

Last edited by knickles8072; 02-24-2016 at 03:33 PM. Reason: spelling
knickles8072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 10:32 PM   #29
cobrabitn
Dr Jekyll on the street, Mr Hyde on the track

Send a message via AIM to cobrabitn
You're posting this in the wrong place. Are you on facebook?

2016 Ruby Red Metallic with Caribou accent F-350 Crew Cab

Stump Puller! 6.7 Diesel Automatic with Chrome Package, Off Road Package, 3.55 Locking axles, and Ultimate Lariat Interior Trim Package!

2017 Shelby GT350 Coupe - track car!

Mods:

JLT True Cold Air oil catch can

2009 Vista Blue Shelby GT 500 Coupe - Garage Queen

Tinted Windows
JLT True Cold Air Kit
Pro-Dyno Tune
526 rwhp - 511 rwtq

1994 Rio Red Indy Pace Car #22 "Runabout"

Snake in the grill
MGW shift knob
1996 SVT Cobra Wheels

1969 New Lime Mustang Mach 1 Sportsroof - Second owner - bone stock with shaker.

One SVT Cobra, one Shelby GT500, one 69 mach 1, and a Shelby GT350 is better than nothing!

Custom Data Plates for your Mustang or Ford!

Buy "Cool Merchandise" at Data Plates Plus
www.dataplatesplus.com

See my MSR Video here!
cobrabitn is offline   Reply With Quote