SCMC Message Forum  
Go Back   SCMC Message Forum > Club Info > Limited Edition SVT Cobra Registry > Pace Cars registry
User Name
Password

Register FAQ Members List SCMC Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-22-2009, 01:11 AM   #31
stevedmurray
Registered User
 
stevedmurray's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrabitn
Would have been better if it gave your actual production number. Besides it doesn't have "SCMC" on the decal.

Why aren't you an SCMC member Steve?
Hello Tony

The decals can be custom made - if you want your actual production number, you can special order it.

I would love to be able to support each club out there... but as a single income family / father of two, I consider myself lucky just to have the Pace Car I have. Between local and national clubs, I have to choose my spots. Thanks.
stevedmurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 12:02 AM   #32
ASUCobra
Registered User
 
ASUCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 8
#594. Tempe, AZ. convertable. Has one of 3 original roll bars with the correct strobes in the headlights and roll bar. Startin to show its age, thinkin about doin a full resto.
ASUCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 07:49 PM   #33
Philcsag1
SCMC Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: New York City
Posts: 115
LOOKING FOR THE OWNER OF CAR #225

PHILCSAG1@AOL.COM
__________________
1993 Cobra # 329, Cover Car Fox Body Recognition Guide
1994 Cobra Convertible # 73 sold 11-11-2011
1995 Cobra R #45
2012 Boss 302 LS #699
Philcsag1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 06:29 PM   #34
pacecar940
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2
I have number 940 with about 75000, miles on it and still looks and runs great. Hope to have it at the Pace Car reunion this month,

Rick
Ashland Ohio
pacecar940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 06:39 PM   #35
pacecar940
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2
Pace Car

Rick Hamilton

#940

Ashland Ohio

75000. Great miles.

Only Mods: BBK Headers, X pipe, 2 chamber Flowmasters, 97 Cobra Hood, CDC Light Bar. Have all original parts to return it to original if and when needed
pacecar940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:00 PM   #36
merkstang
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUCobra
#594. Tempe, AZ. convertable. Has one of 3 original roll bars with the correct strobes in the headlights and roll bar. Startin to show its age, thinkin about doin a full resto.
Can you Post a Pic of the Roll bar that you have?

Thanks



Tom Merkle
Allentown PA

Car #360 106K and counting
Not really stock
merkstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 01:09 PM   #37
pacificgreensvt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: ROYALOAK MI
Posts: 18
If it helps any,I see one on 13 mile & woodward alot, I THINK he works in the area.
__________________
v1 s/trim, GT/impeller,longtubes,4:30's.424hp/412tq,race fuel & street tune by Alternative.
pacificgreensvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 09:58 AM   #38
Jims Pace Car
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 9
#936 Jim O'Reilly Newbury Ohio
Jims Pace Car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 10:01 AM   #39
Jims Pace Car
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firme
Please post your 1994 Cobra Pace Car info to be listed in the Registry.

Updated 1994 Indianapolis Pace Car List:

#22 Tony Sorrentino, Rock Hill SC, Convertible
#73 Phil Saglimbene, New York, NY, Convertible
#75 David Courtad, Crossville TN, Convertible
#194 John Coleman, Simsbury CT, Convertible
#475 Sherman Peet, Fayetteville, NC, Convertible
#591 Darrell McBryde, Humble TX, Convertible
#790 Eric Underwood, Houston, TX, Convertible
#792 Roger Fellers, Granbury, TX, Convertible
#864 Steve Murray, Tampa, FL, Convertible
#939 Sherri Leicht, Spring, TX, Convertible
#940 Rick Hamilton, Ashland OH, Convertible
#936 Jim O'Reilly, Newbury Ohio, Convertible
Jims Pace Car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:50 PM   #40
Jims Pace Car
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jims Pace Car
#936 Jim O'Reilly, Newbury Ohio, Convertible
This is very interesting ! But I thought I was adding my name and car number to the registery.
I guess I'd like to do that, maybe someone could tell me how !

Awaiting a reply............ Jims Pace Car
Jims Pace Car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 11:05 PM   #41
cobrabitn
Dr Jekyll on the street, Mr Hyde on the track
 
cobrabitn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Rock Hill SC
Posts: 14,614
Send a message via AIM to cobrabitn
You're in there now Jim! Welcome to our site and enjoy that convertible..
__________________
Cobrabitn



2016 Ruby Red Metallic with Caribou accent F-350 Crew Cab

Stump Puller! 6.7 Diesel Automatic with Chrome Package, Off Road Package, 3.55 Locking axles, and Ultimate Lariat Interior Trim Package!

2013 Race Red Boss 302 Coupe - track car!

No mods yet!

2009 Vista Blue Shelby GT 500 Coupe - Garage Queen

Tinted Windows
JLT True Cold Air Kit
Pro-Dyno Tune
526 rwhp - 511 rwtq


1994 Rio Red Indy Pace Car #22 "Runabout"

Snake in the grill
MGW shift knob
1996 SVT Cobra Wheels


1969 New Lime Mustang Mach 1 Sportsroof - Second owner - bone stock with shaker.

One SVT Cobra, one Shelby GT500, one 69 mach 1, and a Boss 302 is better than nothing!

Custom Data Plates for your Mustang or Ford!

Buy "Cool Merchandise" at Data Plates Plus
www.dataplatesplus.com

See my MSR Video here!
cobrabitn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 09:23 AM   #42
Jims Pace Car
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrabitn
You're in there now Jim! Welcome to our site and enjoy that convertible..
Yes, I noticed !
If you did that, THANKS. And I'll be watching for updates.

I'm wondering though.... Does anyone know how many "Pace Cars" have survived ? Or does anyone know where I'd find that information ?

Jims Pace Car
Jims Pace Car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 02:51 PM   #43
merkstang
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 27
#360 Tom Merkle, Allentown PA, Convertible 108K miles
merkstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 06:03 PM   #44
Jims Pace Car
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 9
Were are all the 94 Pace Cars ?

Still the same number of Pace Cars (about 13) in the Registery.

I belong to both a Pinto (fordpinto.com) and a Mustang II (Mustangii.com) club/sight and feal the membership number is low or lower then the number that might have "survived"

I think that Ford produced about two million Pinto in 1973 alone. And the Pinto sight has about forty five hundred member world wide. The math doesn't work well here, does it ?

I'm wondering were they all are ? ? ? ? (The Pace Cars, not the Pinto's)
Or even (my original question) "How many "survived"
Are they still around etc.

Or what might be a better question, what is/was the "Survival Rate" (or expected Survival Rate) Ford Motor Co. and/or Insurance Co. figures. Anyone know this/these number ?

I dont know what the correct word or phrase might be, but I'd expect that the "Power Issue" would hasten the "Dath Rate" And / or the "Poential Collectability" (is there such a word) would slow it down.

Somehow I'd think that there are alot more out there someplace.

Seemed that I had hard time finding one, when I was looking for it.
I have no question that I was more then a bit picky. Passed on a few for eather condition or price (sometimes both)
But the fact still remains, I looked for almost nine years.

So....... How about a reply ? Jim at Jims Pace Car
Jims Pace Car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 04:03 PM   #45
Jims Pace Car
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jims Pace Car
Still the same number of Pace Cars (about 13) in the Registery.

I belong to both a Pinto (fordpinto.com) and a Mustang II (Mustangii.com) club/sight and feal the membership number is low or lower then the number that might have "survived"

I think that Ford produced about two million Pinto in 1973 alone. And the Pinto sight has about forty five hundred member world wide. The math doesn't work well here, does it ?

I'm wondering were they all are ? ? ? ? (The Pace Cars, not the Pinto's)
Or even (my original question) "How many "survived"
Are they still around etc.

Or what might be a better question, what is/was the "Survival Rate" (or expected Survival Rate) Ford Motor Co. and/or Insurance Co. figures. Anyone know this/these number ?

I dont know what the correct word or phrase might be, but I'd expect that the "Power Issue" would hasten the "Dath Rate" And / or the "Poential Collectability" (is there such a word) would slow it down.

Somehow I'd think that there are alot more out there someplace.

Seemed that I had hard time finding one, when I was looking for it.
I have no question that I was more then a bit picky. Passed on a few for eather condition or price (sometimes both)
But the fact still remains, I looked for almost nine years.

So....... How about a reply ? Jim at Jims Pace Car
****************************************************

This surprises the hell out of me !

Am I the only one on this site or in the section ?

Is it that the subject ( A 1994 Pace Car) is of no interest ?

Certianly the production number is low, limited !
I mean there was a small group to start with.

With only 1,000 of these built, you'd (I'd) believe that a few "survived", this alone should have generate some interest.
As the numbers grew lower, you'd think somebody would notice !

What an upsetting thought, of all the Mustangs built that are still "Affordable" or "Atainable" I'd think this car would sparked some interest !

Oh well, I'll continue to look ! ! ! But somehow I'm dissapointed.
Certianly not with the car, just with the response.

A proad owner of sereral Mustangs, that has A 1994 Indy Pace Car also....... Jims Pace Car
Jims Pace Car is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2017 SCMC, Inc