User Name
Password

Register FAQ Members List SCMC Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2005, 09:20 PM   #1
Stavesacre21

Send a message via AIM to Stavesacre21 Send a message via Yahoo to Stavesacre21
Columbus go-kart outing! (sign in!)

Attention Buckeyes (and surrounding states),

Just wanted to bring it to the board that we're in the works of trying to get together a go-karting day in columbus for late April.

Thanx to Mike, we got some info one a place in Columbus that would be able to hook us up with around $55/each if we could get at least 12 people to sign up. From what i hear, this is pretty exciting, and speeds get up to 40MPH!

We've still got the greater part of the month to pull it together, so lets figure it out. I posted a suggestion that i'd likely be able to make it on the weekend of April 29, 30, or 31st...but would have to leave columbus by prolly 9ish

Let me know whos up for this, and how many we have to work with! I'd like to meet each and every one of you from this region, and hope that we can get enough people for this to work out!

P.S. - and just a suggestion...if we can't get 12 together for this (i see no reason why we shouldn't), we can find something else to do...up for suggestions in which case

Daily Driver

2002 Corvette Convertible
Millenium Yellow

22K miles, Summer ride
Stavesacre21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 01:40 PM   #2
Black Horse
Hyper-Performance Inc.

Send a message via AIM to Black Horse
All I can give is a definate maybe at this point in time. I would love to come up for this, the go-kart track is fun (been there before).

If this is a definate go, I'll pass the word around this area and maybe we can recruit some new members!
- Dave SCMC #350
1999 Black Coupe #11 "Sir Pent"
1995 R spec NASA IN/OH AI #46

"Racing to Make a Difference" - please support the Whiz Kids Tutoring and Mentoring www.citygospelmission.org/whizkids.html

Hyper-Performance Motorsports Inc.
Custom Graphics and Custom Designed Racing Equipment
(513)892-2038 hyperperform@aol.com
www.hyperperformancemotorsports.com
Black Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 04:51 PM   #3
Wldnswt

Columbus Kart day

As of right now I intend to be there, please keep us informed with the info, time, directions, etc. Sounds like great fun

Jeff Black
Cincinnati,Ohio
2004 Torch Red Coupe
Wldnswt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 07:17 AM   #4
dewone

I'll do my best to be there.
Mods: BBK Long Pipe Headers (Ceramic), Under Pulley Kit, Twin 65mm Throttle Body. Roush Side Pipes. Magna Flow Muffs, & Car Sound Hy Flow Cats Stainless, Husker Stainless X Pipe. KN FIPK. Pro 5.0 Shifter . Stainless Cobra inserts, Cobra emblem in grill 291.2 RWHP
#5708 of 6961
1930 Buick 30-57
1991 F-150

dewone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 09:56 AM   #5
Stang66

Any one from the North East corner?

Would like to set up a caravan from the Akron/Canton/Cleveland area, if possible. Any one coming from this area and want to meet somewhere before getting on 71? Send me an e-mail or post on this site.

Thanks,
Mike
Stang66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 02:20 PM   #6
Stavesacre21

Just wanted to let you all know that it seems as though that Sunday (May 1) would work better for a few people, and also, the karting place isn't going to be (currently) availabe on the 30th of April. Because of this, we're just backing it up to that Sunday then.

Also, there is a $330 downpayment that mike seems to be willing to pick up for the time being, as long as we can get 12. From my knowing so far, we've only got 8, which isn't looking to good for those of us wanting to trying karting. I know you all are out there! Lets keep this ball rolling and try to pull this together.

I think we might also forward this link into the "upcoming events" forum to see if we can get some more hits and views there.

Keep us posted, all!

Daily Driver

Millenium Yellow

22K miles, Summer ride
Old 04-11-2005, 05:07 PM   #7
SvilleCobra
SVT via Capital Gains!

I would love to be there! Sounds like a great time!

Who gets the $$? I am in!

Can I bring my 8 yr old son to watch the karting?

I would love to carvan from Northern Ohio w/ anyone going....I live in Strongsville, just off I-71.

SvilleCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 07:26 PM   #8
Stavesacre21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvilleCobra
Who gets the $$? I am in!

Can I bring my 8 yr old son to watch the karting?

I would love to carvan from Northern Ohio w/ anyone going....I live in Strongsville, just off I-71.

We'll more then likely be paying once we get there. We just need to know how many are commited to going so that we know if we're gonna be able to get the group discount. Just bring yur money along.

Stang66 is looking to caravan with someone too, and i think he's from that region. Drop him a PM or just post here to check about some arrangements

And of course you can bring yur 8 year old. I'm not sure how exciting it would be to watch or not, or the age required to race, but im sure it'd still be fun for him!

Everyone else too...

One other thing Mike seems to keep asking is about lunch/dinner? what kinda places are soundin good to you all? Columbus has about anything and everything you could imagine, so if anyone else has any idea, post um up!

Daily Driver

Millenium Yellow

22K miles, Summer ride
Old 04-12-2005, 09:46 PM   #9
SVTCobra97

Good to see SCMC invading Ohio!

I think I was included on the list of people going (Brett Henry) but it doesn't look like I will be able to make the carting now. Not that it helps, but I might be able to make it up there in the evening for dinner?

I will post this info on the local Dayton mustang board for SVT owners. Maybe some of them would be interested in joining the club!
Old 04-12-2005, 09:51 PM   #10
Stavesacre21

Even if you can't make it to the karting, just joinin up at any point in the evening would be great!

Any word we can get out would help, so on a Dayton board would work just as nice!

Thanx for the heads up though!

Daily Driver

Millenium Yellow

22K miles, Summer ride
Old 04-13-2005, 10:16 AM   #11
mojosvt
SCMC Member

Send a message via AIM to mojosvt
Just to give you guys a little update. I still have the 1st reserved, and have not heard about that sat yet. So for now, lets just assume that the official date will be sunday the 1st. In terms of $$$$, If we get 12 for sure, I will flip the $330 bill to set the date in stone, and then we can even up once we are there. That way we don't have to deal with sending money all over the place. Now for directions, I tried to cut and paste their direction page, but the computer wouldn't let me. So here is the actual web page that you can go look at, give you an idea of what we are going to do. It is www.speeds.cc From the emails that we have been sending around, it looks like we have 9 people for sure, and the list of possible people was 4-5. We are so close, as friends, ask family, whatever it takes to get 12 for sure. We still have over a week to get numbers, the sooner we get 12 for sure, the sooner I can lock in the date. Hope to hear from you all soon.

Mike
mojosvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 04:21 PM   #12
Stavesacre21

Yea, haven't been hearing too much about the eating, but I thought that maybe a place like Outback, Texas Roadhouse, or maybe even like, Applebees. I've never been to one of these meetings before, so I don't know if everyone's usually wanting a sit-down place like that, or maybe fastfood? I know the 3 places above always seem to work out any other time i'm in a group! I have a feeling that not many are gonna speak out about restraunts, so looks like we'll just have to name a place and lead the flock

I honestly think that we should be able to hit the 12 mark, because if even 2 people bring someone (wife, kids, friend), we're gonna already hit the mark. I know that in theory it's one thing to say, but then again slapping down $330 is another. If we hang tight, i think that soon we're gonna have it etched in stone I know it's getting me pretty psyched!

Daily Driver

Millenium Yellow

22K miles, Summer ride
Old 04-18-2005, 09:35 PM   #13
Stavesacre21

hmm...well carting isn't looking to promising at the moment unless we get a last minute surge i believe we've had 2 that have mentioned they can't make it now...put us at 7 for sure, i believe

I can't believe there arn't more of you out there!

Daily Driver

Millenium Yellow

22K miles, Summer ride
Old 04-18-2005, 10:28 PM   #14
cobrabitn
Dr Jekyll on the street, Mr Hyde on the track

Send a message via AIM to cobrabitn
We have a new Ohio member this week so we can invite him. Also, so what if you don't have 50 members there. We had 5 in southern CA and they had a good time. You have to go and then others will follow when they hear what a good time you all had. Ask Mike what a great time he had this weekend and he'll have a big smile on his face.

2016 Ruby Red Metallic with Caribou accent F-350 Crew Cab

Stump Puller! 6.7 Diesel Automatic with Chrome Package, Off Road Package, 3.55 Locking axles, and Ultimate Lariat Interior Trim Package!

2013 Race Red Boss 302 Coupe - track car!

No mods yet!

2009 Vista Blue Shelby GT 500 Coupe - Garage Queen

Tinted Windows
JLT True Cold Air Kit
Pro-Dyno Tune
526 rwhp - 511 rwtq

1994 Rio Red Indy Pace Car #22 "Runabout"

Snake in the grill
MGW shift knob
1996 SVT Cobra Wheels

1969 New Lime Mustang Mach 1 Sportsroof - Second owner - bone stock with shaker.

One SVT Cobra, one Shelby GT500, one 69 mach 1, and a Boss 302 is better than nothing!

Custom Data Plates for your Mustang or Ford!

Buy "Cool Merchandise" at Data Plates Plus
www.dataplatesplus.com

See my MSR Video here!
cobrabitn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 01:03 AM   #15
Stavesacre21

i have no doubt we'll have a great time...we're just runnin a lil short for the numbers to go karting. That's ok though...we'll make with what we have

Daily Driver

Millenium Yellow

22K miles, Summer ride