Go Back   SCMC Message Forum > General Forums > Kill Stories
User Name
Password

Register FAQ Members List SCMC Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2005, 11:11 PM   #1
djbobbyzee

Send a message via AIM to djbobbyzee
Ate a Honda, BMW, Burrito, Ice Cream

It was early Saturday afternoon. About 11:45 AM. I just finished a great session surfing in the semi warm NC June waves. I was stoked but hungry, so I popped in the Taco Bell on the way home & did something I normally don't do. Picked up a grilled stuffed chicken burrito & ate on the drive home. Eating in the Cobra? Unheard of, but I was starvin' like marvin & had to get home to do some work on the house.

As I'm driving, burrito in the left hand, pinky & ring finger steering, and shifting w/ my left... some dope in a Del Sol with dual fart cannons, carbon fiber hood, & neon orange spraypaint job pulls next to me & starts gunnin' his engine. C'mon man, I'm tryin to eat my lunch I think. No time to race, I might drop some refried bean on the carpet. None the less, rice boy proceeds to try and egg me on. We're doin' about 45 with light traffice. I've got half a burrito in my left hand... he can SEE that I'm trying to eat & I'm not interested... so he keeps revvin. I decide... F- it. I down shift to 3rd & drop the hammer. As I'm reaching down to shift I hear his AUTOMATIC Honda start to whine... I pull away quite quickly. In my rear view I see his friend making fun of him from the passenger seat & he pulls off the road.

I go back to my leasurly drive home. 3/4 done with my burrito & heart burn already starting. Dope in beemer pulls out from the local golf course & cuts me off. Do ALL golfers drive these things? Do they get discounts on the car? I weave over into the left lane to avoid the ars, & express to him that he's #1 in my book with a famed finger jesture. Again from 50 mph the dude wants to run with the Cobra. What IS it today??? Another 3rd gear dump & I leave the golfing twit behind. I fly up to the next changing light, & lay onto the breaks. He runs it. How did I guess he would? At this time, I've given up on the burrito & tossed it back into the bag.

A local Ice Cream Man pulls up next to me at the light & jestures for me to pull off to the side of the road ahead. Man, I wish it was THIS easy to get the ice cream man to come to me when I was a kid! Ice cream dude hops out of the truck & starts admiring the cobra. He says "man, I own a GT, but I've NEVER seen a car smoke two a-holes like THIS one!" I said "you saw that huh?" He goes, "yeah I watched it all from about a half mile back. Didn't think I'd get to catch up to you to give you the thumbs up but this ice cream truck was weavin thru traffic."

I smiled & said, "yeah, all I wanted to do was eat my burrito in peace... rice turds & yuppies wrecked that." The man was so kind, he gave me a FREE chocolate eclair bar. He goes, "My man, after that run... you deserve it." Needless to say, I ate my ice cream BEFORE starting the Cobra back up. Gave the Ice cream Man a few moments to look it over.

Moral of story: don't eat and drive... you never know who'll mess up yer meal.
1" Eibach springs
BBK CAI
Flowmaster Catback
Steeda Tri-Ax
Steeda Quadrant
djbobbyzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 11:20 PM   #2
nckissfan
Everyone hates a winner!

Send a message via Yahoo to nckissfan
good story. But, are you pulling our leg with the free ice cream? It sounds like something you would see on Nickelodeon , just kidding bro! I did laugh at the story. Nobody ever messes with me here
Old 06-06-2005, 12:20 AM   #3
InfamousSVT

Good kill story man.........way to keep those guys in check!

I guess they thought they had a chance when they saw that you were eating, but you proved them wrong.

I've had a few ricer's try to rev at me and I'd just stomp it and fly bye, some of them actual give me a thumbs up. I had one guy ask if he could just drive beside me while cruising just so he could listen to my car Got to love that Mustang sound......well Bassani!

1994 Chevy S-10 - DailyDriver
InfamousSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 01:58 AM   #4
Stavesacre21

Send a message via AIM to Stavesacre21 Send a message via Yahoo to Stavesacre21
Quote:
Originally Posted by nckissfan
Nobody ever messes with me here
I'm with you there! I swear, the only people around here revving at me would be a heavily modded 94 Supra, a Viper (98 maybe?), and few NOS'd RX-7s. Always have the occasional ricer, but they seem to be getting more and more rare. Maybe their starting to get the point....shyea, right

Reguardless, way to lay down the power...and not the burrito

Daily Driver

2002 Corvette Convertible
Millenium Yellow

22K miles, Summer ride
Stavesacre21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 06:57 AM   #5
nckissfan
Everyone hates a winner!

I, honestly, have never had that happen to me. I was thinking it was the color of the car, but djbobbyzee had it happen to him. They must not want to play with me
Old 06-07-2005, 09:40 PM   #6
RF Cobra

Probably afraid of you and think it is a sleeper. Especially now with the exhaust note due to the CAI.
RF Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 07:35 AM   #7
WVSNS&
SCMC Member

Send a message via AIM to WVSNS& Send a message via MSN to WVSNS& Send a message via Yahoo to WVSNS&
Burrito and ice cream...

My wife has banned me from that extreme combination of flatuent causing foods. Good kill!!!
WVSNS& is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 09:24 AM   #8
nckissfan
Everyone hates a winner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RF Cobra
Probably afraid of you and think it is a sleeper. Especially now with the exhaust note due to the CAI.
the exhaust never changed tones due to the CAI
Old 06-09-2005, 09:25 AM   #9
nckissfan
Everyone hates a winner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVSNS&
My wife has banned me from that extreme combination of flatuent causing foods. Good kill!!!

Old 06-09-2005, 10:44 PM   #10
RF Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by nckissfan
the exhaust never changed tones due to the CAI
Maybe my hearing is improving then, thought it sounded different.
RF Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 01:26 AM   #11
nckissfan
Everyone hates a winner!

it hasn't changed any. You can tell the car breathes better, but that is about it.
Old 06-13-2005, 11:11 PM   #12
djbobbyzee

Send a message via AIM to djbobbyzee
Glad y'all enjoyed the kill... and yes the ice cream was for real. I actually saw the guy again this past week, he was cruisin' for kiddies business down my block & recognized the Cobra.

He tried to push more ice cream on me, but I had to turn him down. 1 because I'm back on Atkins diet, and 2 because after a certain amount of free ice cream the lad may feel he has the right to ask to take her for a drive. Not happenin. No GT owner really has a clue what lurks inside a Cobra... if they did... they'd own a Cobra.

nckissfan...Agreed about the CAI not making much of a sound difference. I've got Flows on mine & the only difference I noticed in sound was the huge sound of suction from the fender well... Like a giant shop vac got turned on beneath the hood. Only HP gain I noticed was at top throttle.

Forgot to mention, i DID think about tossing the burrito at the BMW and splattering it on the windshield. But, man... i was hungry. WCSNS&... wifey was a bit upset about the post-burrito-shock-syndrome.

Happy rice pickin'
1" Eibach springs
BBK CAI
Flowmaster Catback
Steeda Tri-Ax
Steeda Quadrant
djbobbyzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 09:18 AM   #13
ausie
Don't let the dog drive

Send a message via MSN to ausie
Great kill story, and you got to eat the trophy too
UPR double lock firewall adjuster
UPR GMS extreme double hook quadrant
Wheels: Ford SVT 10th anniv. wheels (track duty)
SVE 10th anniv. style 17x9F, 10x10.5R
BBS RK Plasma 18x8.5F, 18x10R (retired)

(retired) 2001 black SVT Cobra, October 2001
missed but not forgotten
ausie is offline   Reply With Quote