User Name
Password

Register FAQ Members List SCMC Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2005, 02:16 PM   #1
cobra9793
snake handler

Send a message via Yahoo to cobra9793
Need help

Hey gang i need help finding a dealership that will work with someone on trades. I need to find a good dealership that values repeat business and won't jerk you around or have you sit there all day. I'm looking at trading my truck for another vehicle i wonder what it could be. I found an 03 coupe for 23,000 with 26,000 miles still stock. The two dealerships i talked with doesn't buy from individuals for anyone. One of the dealerships use to do it and charge 500.00 to buy it but not no more. So what im getting at is if you know of a good honest dealer who would work with me please let me know.

Thanks everyone

PS hope to see everybody soon
SCMC#678
cobra9793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 03:22 PM   #2
blk04cobra1

my suggestion would be to sell your car to CARMAX, then use your bank for the difference...CARMAX will give you every bit as much for your car that a dealership would (plus i dont know of any that would buy off an individual either)...good luck with your search
blk04cobra1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 04:26 PM   #3
RF Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk04cobra1
my suggestion would be to sell your car to CARMAX, then use your bank for the difference...CARMAX will give you every bit as much for your car that a dealership would (plus i dont know of any that would buy off an individual either)...good luck with your search
That's probably the best advice. You will likely get more from Carmax than a dealership. Most dealerships use the "black book" for the trade in value which is a really low wholesale number since they have to be able to either resale it or make money at auction (a lot of dealers auction most of their trade-ins now unless it is something really nice and they think they can make a good bit of money selling it). Good luck, hope you get it to work out.
RF Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 10:21 AM   #4
cobra9793
snake handler

Send a message via Yahoo to cobra9793
Thanks

I appreciate the advice but have went that route over a year ago and Carmax offered me then what the dealers are offering me now so going back to them would be useless thanks for the advice though i'll try something esle.

Really do appreciate it
SCMC#678
cobra9793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 06:21 PM   #5
RF Cobra

Actually, I do know someone at work looking to buy another truck. If you want, give me the basics either here or in a PM (make, model, year, tranny, 2wd or 4wd etc.) and I will pass it along and see if he is interested and if he thinks it falls in his price range.
RF Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote